You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chocolate - past and present

Tony Moanero

• 1 month later...

On 14/03/2019 at 21:17, Hades said:

Twix

Kit-Kat

Cherry Ripe

Picnic

Time Out

Big fuss some years ago in Australia. Farmers were ripping out cherry trees because they lost the contract to supply the cherries for Cherry Ripes. Italian cherries were cheaper.

White cherries, pickled in brine like fucking olives.

Cadbury chocolate now is rank. Not only have they lowered the cocoa content but instead of using cocoa butter as the fat they now use "vegetable oils" - fucking palm oil rears its ugly head again. It now tastes like the chocolate they used to use years ago for cheap Easter eggs. Inedible. The only "proper" chocolate is European - Belgian, German or Swiss. These Brexit cunts haven't thought about that.

I had a Kit-Kat for the first time in about 50 years recently. Fucking awful. Either different from when I was a kid or I had fucking awful taste back then.

• Upvote 1

Used to buy my Mum Black Magic chocolates for her birthday, Mother's day and Xmas (my dad used to get Frys Turkish delight).

Not only were they her favorite chocolates but the coffee cream ones were my all time favorite. It must have been about 20 years ago but you could buy loose ones from  the British Sweets shop in Katoomba.

The next time I managed to buy a box of Black magic, the cunts didn't have coffee creams in them. They (Black Magic) are apparently not available anymore, certainly in Australia according to the sweet shop.

I bags the first empty seat when Tony Moanero gets his time machine running.

• Upvote 2

On 03/10/2019 at 06:01, Evelyn Tentions said:

Used to buy my Mum Black Magic chocolates for her birthday, Mother's day and Xmas (my dad used to get Frys Turkish delight).

Not only were they her favorite chocolates but the coffee cream ones were my all time favorite. It must have been about 20 years ago but you could buy loose ones from  the British Sweets shop in Katoomba.

The next time I managed to buy a box of Black magic, the cunts didn't have coffee creams in them. They (Black Magic) are apparently not available anymore, certainly in Australia according to the sweet shop.

I bags the first empty seat when Tony Moanero gets his time machine running.

If its 50 years since you had a kit kat you might not need Tony, more like Doctor Who.

Not sure they sell them on Gallifrey though