You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chocolate - past and present

Tony Moanero

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Top 5 chocolates still available. Greedy sod, me. Has to be Twix Xtra, not the ordinary bar - dunked in a cup of coffee.

93AB6F74-ABE5-415E-AD3F-B12945E880AB.jpeg

3474A6B9-7A03-44F8-B75E-445DCF8A0447.jpeg

9A12FB23-B158-4947-A37B-BE7F71571953.jpeg

D2E3DC93-8FE6-4518-BF03-6FD41D22D744.jpeg

03A2EF25-2F6A-4FDA-805E-4703A5C8D146.jpeg

What is that beautiful looking midnight dark milky way thing and where will I find it? 

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What is that beautiful looking midnight dark milky way thing and where will I find it? 

They’re American, so you’d have to find somewhere that sells imported confectionery. The consistency of the filling is more Mars Bar than British Milky Way.

56 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

In no particular order:

Fruit & Nut.

Fry's Turkish Delight.

Peanut butter M&M's (a revelation when we went to the US)

Mars bar (after 30 minutes in the fridge)

Mint Munchies.

I used to love Mars Bars but they’re not the same as they used to be. My wife refuses to buy them from the supermarket, as I eat the entire contents of the mult-pack, then spend the rest of evening moaning about Mars changing the recipe circa 1989/1990.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to love Mars Bars but they’re not the same as they used to be. My wife refuses to buy them from the supermarket, as I eat the entire contents of the mult-pack, then spend the rest of evening moaning about Mars changing the recipe circa 1989/1990.

Went off them for ages because my Dad used to get them in all the time. He never let me and our kid have sweets etc as a kid but would always have them in and would make us have one after our tea. Every fucking night. I only joined the Navy to get away from them. 

(insert joke about long chocolate dicks ymca and bumming sailors and shit) 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Went off them for ages because my Dad used to get them in all the time. He never let me and our kid have sweets etc as a kid but would always have them in and would make us have one after our tea. Every fucking night. I only joined the Navy to get away from them. 

(insert joke about long chocolate dicks ymca and bumming sailors and shit) 

I was watching an episode of 1980s Eastenders, on UK TV Play, late the other night and shouted “CUNT” at Rod, when he bought a can of Quatro (nicer than Lilt) and an old school Mars Bar in Al’s cafe.

54453E0C-3A48-47CB-BA40-42AE9477B2DD.png

986C488C-7D9F-415F-9A3B-E54337BAAA3D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I was watching an episode of 1980s Eastenders, on UK TV Play, late the other night and shouted “CUNT” at Rod, when he bought a can of Quatro (nicer than Lilt) and an old school Mars Bar in Al’s cafe.

I fucking love you Tony I really do. 

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The current incarnation of the Quatro brand has been sold and marketed in South America by The Coca-Cola Company, since 1996. It is grapefruit flavoured, and is sold in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Venezuela.[2]