You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) 17/3/19

Bjornebye

51 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Top with 7/8 games to go after a shite performance can someone please help?!?

I’ve been on fire with Firmino, gone fast with a boy named Mo,

But somehow they just don’t end up as mine.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

Do you have a VHS or Betamax copy of this instance, so we can all review? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Deflections don't count. The defender has to play the ball. 

That last 10 minutes was stressful as fuck yesterday. Especially having to sit amongst their fans. Interesting film trivia fact. The church you walk past on your way to the ground is the one out of The Omen where Father Brennan gets impaled on a spike. Made my day that did. Along with the result!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Trumo said:

When the ball was played the scorer was offside so the deflection is irrelevant in this case.

5 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

That's the same for the Kane situation isn't it? Was offside when Alli played the ball for sure.

I am not so sure now as they seem to make it up as they go along,but if an advantage was gained from being in an offside position then it should be disallowed. But like I said,clear as mud!