You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) 17/3/19

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I think Origi has done well of late when he's been subbed on. Obviously we need better but he deserves a bit of credit 

I like Origi.  Should have been kept in the team last year ahead of Solanke and Sturridge as I said at the time.

The NBCSN crew that do American telly are so much better than BT. While you're all stuck listening to Blues whinging about our penalty I got to see a great breakdown of how good Firmino was for Mane's goal. It was a brilliant bit of analysis and showed me something I hadn't seen during the actual game.

Not going to say they're perfect but compared to BT and especially the utter wankers at BeIn (Grays, Keys, Allardyce) it's a breath of fresh air.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The NBCSN crew that do American telly are so much better than BT. While you're all stuck listening to Blues whinging about our penalty I got to see a great breakdown of how good Firmino was for Mane's goal. It was a brilliant bit of analysis and showed me something I hadn't seen during the actual game.

Not going to say they're perfect but compared to BT and especially the utter wankers at BeIn (Grays, Keys, Allardyce) it's a breath of fresh air.

Agreed watched this and found myself especially with the commentators (Arlo White and Graham Le Saux) not wanting to buff my gurka knife

13 minutes ago, redheart said:

I think that there goal was a mistake by Alisson and not VVD.

The header got to him first and he could have hoofed it

He shit out basically...he should have come for it with his hands and if necessary taken a bump with the fulham player - no way would he have been penalised would have won a free kick probably had he dropped it....but would also have claimed it easily enough i reckon

• Upvote 3

Missed the game as I was out walking in Delamere Forest with the nieces.

Nice news to come back to.

BBC being classic cunts on the match thread by posting this after Fulham equalised.

Post update

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool

69ff54a7-f94f-4870-9748-997931239078.jpg

As has been the case all season, if I can't watch the match on TV or down the pub, I don't bother with a stream. Instead, I follow the match thread here (plus a couple of other in-play commentaries) to get the gist. The match thread is hard fucking work, let me tell you!

Sounds like we played poorly yet still wasted several openings before letting Fulham back into the match. Then we woke up and got ourselves a penalty before seeing the game out.

People talk about midweek CL games taking a lot out of the players. Then they wonder why the team still looks lethargic despite often making several changes from midweek. One thing everybody forgets is that the coaching staff do not get a break. They have to be there for EVERY match, home and away, and that surely has an impact on their preparations. Not making excuses for anybody here but it's still something to bear in mind.

I think it was late 2001/early 2002, around the time he won the Ballon D'Or, when Owen went through a similar patch to what Salah is going through now. Salah's been stuck on 49 league goals for what feels like forever, and Owen was stuck on 99 goals (not sure if was overall or just in the league) for nearly 2 months. Chances hardly fell to him and he was snatching at the ones that did. Back then, Thommo was filling in for Ged and he had no idea how to get Owen firing again, which was a problem as we'd already sold Fowler, Litmanen was injury prone and Heskey was out of form. We ended up signing Anelka on loan. Right now, we have Mane playing a pivotal role so we've not missed Salah's goals as much as we could have.

It needs addressing though, and maybe the break and change of scene will help recharge him before the players come back for the business end of the season.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Particularly damning given they were teammates.

For about 5 minutes I think. The blooshite sold Rooney the same summer they got Cahill in. Not enough time to compare a teammate to a Maris Piper.