You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) 17/3/19

Bjornebye

27 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Imagine the state of this place if Klopp did that and we failed to win.

For me Shaqiri, after a few good games as a sub, has failed to impress.

Never mind that,  imagine resting a player whose in superb form. 

The English media might want to wank over Lallana for the Burnley game and pretend he was motm but Salah had a huge hand in three goals.   Following it up with a great display against Bayern. 

Rest Salah,  Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Never mind that,  imagine resting a player whose in superb form. 

The English media might want to wank over Lallana for the Burnley game and pretend he was motm but Salah had a huge hand in three goals.   Following it up with a great display against Bayern. 

Rest Salah,  Jesus. 

Your ability to rope in players you don't like into literally every post is genuinely amazing.

Salah hasn't scored in 6 games and looks like he's running in treacle. Not exactly an insane proposition to rest him.

Just now, Em City said:

Your ability to rope in players you don't like into literally every post is genuinely amazing.

Salah hasn't scored in 6 games and looks like he's running in treacle. Not exactly an insane proposition to rest him.

Destroying Burnley and Bayern whilst running in treacle. 

Some player our Salah. 

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Destroying Burnley and Bayern whilst running in treacle. 

Some player our Salah. 

That's a very generous interpretation of 'destroy'.

If Shaqiri can't be trusted to sub in against the worst defence in the league, we might as well sell him back to Stoke.

2 minutes ago, Em City said:

That's a very generous interpretation of 'destroy'.

If Shaqiri can't be trusted to sub in against the worst defence in the league, we might as well sell him back to Stoke.

He more or less set up three goals FFS and then played one of the most delicious passes you'll see to kill off Bayern after running full pelt on the break all night,  did you actually watch it?   Fuck knows what you thought of him at the start of the season when he was really struggling physically. 

Classic case of holding a top class player to higher standards than you would an average Joe. 

No we can't afford to take any risks In the league when we need to win every game.   The resting should come in the Champions League where we won't have a must win until the final. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He more or less set up three goals FFS and then played one of the most delicious passes you'll see to kill off Bayern after running full pelt on the break all night,  did you actually watch it?   Fuck knows what you thought of him at the start of the season when he was really struggling physically. 

Classic case of holding a top class player to higher standards than you would an average Joe. 

No we can't afford to take any risks In the league when we need to win every game.   The resting should come in the Champions League where we won't have a must win until the final. 

Whatever. If he scores a hat trick, I'll eat some internet humble pie.

Hopefully gets a rest during the international break.

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Wouldn't rest Salah but Wijnaldum doesn't look fit. Is Henderson available again?

Would keeping him out to prevent him going on international duty be the better option though? He'll definitely be in the mix for the Porto games, so a nice little break to get his ankle right would be ideal. 

Feels like we really need to sort our passing out. We should batter Fulham but I'd like to see us not give away possession incredibly cheaply. I know klopps style is the risky pass and then counter press if possession is lost but we are miss passing basic simple passes. I can't really understand why.

Take no one for granted.

15 hours ago, Grinch said:

I'll buy that for a dollar.

16 hours ago, Grinch said:

I’d be very surprised if Klopp rested anyone in the Champions League, given that he has spoken about how prestigious a competition it is and the money involved.

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d be very surprised if Klopp rested anyone in the Champions League, given that he has spoken about how prestigious a competition it is and the money involved.

Probably not at this stage but he did prioritize the league during the group stages,  so here's hoping. 

23 hours ago, Grinch said:

I agree with most of what you said apart from the bits where Milner took the corner for Virge. Virge knocked it long for Mané to score. Mo only really got involved with the third goal. He had a great game.

I can’t  be doing with the use of the word delicious to describe anything in footie. Otherwise crack on

21 minutes ago, corro said:

I agree with most of what you said apart from the bits where Milner took the corner for Virge. Virge knocked it long for Mané to score. Mo only really got involved with the third goal. He had a great game.

I can’t  be doing with the use of the word delicious to describe anything in footie. Otherwise crack on

Burnley game,  heavily involved in three goals. 

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Burnley game,  heavily involved in three goals. 

Ok sound. I agree Mo may not be scoring so many but his importance to us is immeasurable. Are you ok with knocking the delicious word into touch? Where footie is concerned like.

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Dont rest anyone at any time.

In fact if I were Klopp I would tell the 11 to expect to play every minute from here on out.

Who are "the eleven"?

The front three pick themselves. The back five would, but there's competition for Gomez's place.

Who are "the midfield three"?

[Edit] That question is a sign of our strength, not weakness.