You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fries vs Chips

Pureblood

Fries vs Chips  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one...

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I feel that chips are being romanticised here.  The typical chip is being portrayed as the wonderful creation you get at good quality seaside chippies, whereas the reality is different to that.  You have your crappy greasy spoon chips, frozen burger van chips, gastro pub chunky chips and so on as you move across the chip quality spectrum. 

With fries, I think that good results are much more consistent.

Hang on, you didn't suggest we'd be eating a wide variety of chips! It read like chips or fries on their best day. Still chips though. The variety would provide giddy highs to go with the crushing lows. Fries would just be the same thing, over and over. Stupid risks are what makes life worth living.

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Hang on, you didn't suggest we'd be eating a wide variety of chips! It read like chips or fries on their best day. Still chips though. The variety would provide giddy highs to go with the crushing lows. Fries would just be the same thing, over and over. Stupid risks are what makes life worth living.

It's your funeral.  When you're munching on undercooked crinkle cut McCains I'll be on my fourth portion of wonderful, wonderful fries. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I would, too.  The gravy from the pie would go well with fries.  Chips = stodge fest. 

I can't believe what I'm reading from you on this thread.  I haven't seen stuff like this since JP came out as a nonce-defender.

Fries and gravy.

*shakes head*

• Upvote 1

Before potato wedges were a thing, my mates dad ran a Chinese and the chips used to be thick cut to almost potato wedge size. They were fucking great, though Chinese places down my way never seem to have vinegar to douse on those starchy little cocksuckers. 

Fries here too. Wasn't gonna post until I saw only 1 person for them in the vote. I think normal chips are too dry and not as easy to cook so they're crispy. I saw chinese chips mentioned though and don't mind them, they're probably my favourite chip type.