You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fries vs Chips

Pureblood

Fries vs Chips  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one...

Just now, TK421 said:

If I'm in some sort of gastro pub establishment I always choose fries over chunky chips.  Always.

Fries have there place with a burger but if I could only have one it would be chips. Far better on a rainy shitty day at a crap British seaside

7 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Fries at the seaside? Nah. I'm with Mr Lee, unless you can provide a counter argument for our edification...

I feel that chips are being romanticised here.  The typical chip is being portrayed as the wonderful creation you get at good quality seaside chippies, whereas the reality is different to that.  You have your crappy greasy spoon chips, frozen burger van chips, gastro pub chunky chips and so on as you move across the chip quality spectrum. 

With fries, I think that good results are much more consistent.

• Upvote 1