You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Footballers you love watching.

6 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Gerrard for me was the best player to watch, had every thing. I hate the narrative of bellends who tell me he lacked "tactical intelligence". The guy was just magic, best passer of a ball I've seen both long and short, the speed of how he'd fizz it into somebodies feet. His crossing was a fucking joke, undefendable at times. Unbelievable in the air, the best shooter of all ball I've seen in England. His ability to dovetail with top players, it was just telepathic at times. What a fucking ridiculous player Steven was.

Negged for using the N-word.

Asprilla, Batistuta, Hagi, Okocha, Ortega (admittedly based purely on 1 match), Wanchope, Yeboah, the proper Ronaldo, Zola and Matthaus. 

Find pictures yourself, I can't be arsed. 

John Barnes is the reason I support Liverpool, he can never be surpassed. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Asprilla, Batistuta, Hagi, Okocha, Ortega (admittedly based purely on 1 match), Wanchope, Yeboah, the proper Ronaldo, Zola and Matthaus. 

Find pictures yourself, I can't be arsed. 

John Barnes is the reason I support Liverpool, he can never be surpassed. 

Same with me and Barnes. He’s the reason I support Liverpool and not Everton like my dad. Plus the inexplicable decision for him to take me to Anfield at the age of 5 to watch us v Spurs. Digger scored the only goal. I was in love. My dad still goes on about his annoyance with himself at doing that to this day.

That Davie Cooper is someone I’ve never heard of before now, somehow! He looked like the white Aldi John Barnes in that clip TK posted. Liked him a lot.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Nasri, Pastore, Mane and Zaha. That would be my top 5. I like unpredictable, mercurial players.

You hate to see it.

• 12Dubravka
  • 5SchärBooked at 70mins
  • 6LascellesBooked at 42minsSubstituted forDummettat 45'minutes
  • 20Lejeune
  • 22Yedlin
  • 14Hayden
  • 4Ki Sung-yuengSubstituted forShelveyat 79'minutesBooked at 89mins
  • 11RitchieSubstituted forKenedyat 73'minutes
  • 17Pérez
  • 9Rondón
  • 24Almirón
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:
  • 12Dubravka
  • 5SchärBooked at 70mins
  • 6LascellesBooked at 42minsSubstituted forDummettat 45'minutes
  • 20Lejeune
  • 22Yedlin
  • 14Hayden
  • 4Ki Sung-yuengSubstituted forShelveyat 79'minutesBooked at 89mins
  • 11RitchieSubstituted forKenedyat 73'minutes
  • 17Pérez
  • 9Rondón
  • 24Almirón

When is the DVD out Kev?

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Lothar Matthăus was the player Robson was supposed to be.

Yeah, that’s a good shout, but my point was that the phrase “box to box” wasn’t created for Vieira I don’t think.

Klinsmann at Anfield when Spurs knocked us out the cup was a sight to behold. he was unreal that day, arguably the best single performance I have witnessed against us in the flesh. 

I saw Crespo for Chelsea against Portsmouth at Fratton Park years ago too and he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Oozed class. I'm surprise he didn't do better in the Premier league. 

Most won't know him but Lubomir Moravcik for Celtic was a great player. Signed him when he was about 33 I think and got 2 amazing years out of him. Absolute magician. 

tumblr_nc4e9qw8x51tp5565o1_400.gif

I remember loving watching a few players in Euro 96. Berger, Poborksy, Lacatus, Bierhoff, Gazza..... All proper boss in that tournament. 

• Upvote 1

Small tricky players that aren't particularly fast seem to be a thing of the past. Players like Beardsley, Houghton, Merson, Strachan, if they were starting out now I don't think they would make it. I loved Beardsley, very under rated player.