You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thread for when you can't find the right thread

Remmie

On 17/04/2019 at 02:30, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Woken up at 7 am by a pair of spice heads rolling around fighting on the driveway. They were in super slow motion and might as well have been throwing feathers at each other.

Some noise the cunts made. Like a pair of retarded foxes swedging. Obviously made it up and walked off down the road arm in arm talking about being bezzie mates, while each complaining about the other.

Is Bumfights still a thing? That really should have been put on Bumfights. 

We we could start our own Bumfights thread. 

Called Bumfights. 

I did used to enjoy those Kimbo Slice backyard scraps on You Tube. I thought he was a proper hard cunt until he went into MMA or UFC and got fucking webbed everywhere. He was ok battering divvies smaller than him but a real hard man he couldn't handle. God rest his hard as fuck soul. 

Watching a Noel Gallagher interview with the talentless sycophant dave berry and hearing Noels contempt for Scousers..  cheeky cunt wouldn't even have a career if he didn't have 4 scousers to rip off.  He should be glad lee mavers was such a fuck up, so he couldn't steal their limelight.

Its one thing to hate scousers but it seems to be okay for everyone to just say it on tv these days. There was a comedienne on Frankie Boyles show saying her mum was worried about Muslims moving in down the end of the road but it turned out worse she ended up with scousers instead. I guess they've ran out of stereotypes to use due to political correctness. 

I think I'm just arsed because I'm surrounded by mancs a lot with their little digs so its wearing thin. I do detest the term wool though too. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Watching a Noel Gallagher interview with the talentless sycophant dave berry and hearing Noels contempt for Scousers..  cheeky cunt wouldn't even have a career if he didn't have 4 scousers to rip off.  He should be glad lee mavers was such a fuck up, so he couldn't steal their limelight.

Its one thing to hate scousers but it seems to be okay for everyone to just say it on tv these days. There was a comedienne on Frankie Boyles show saying her mum was worried about Muslims moving in down the end of the road but it turned out worse she ended up with scousers instead. I guess they've ran out of stereotypes to use due to political correctness. 

I think I'm just arsed because I'm surrounded by mancs a lot with their little digs so its wearing thin. I do detest the term wool though too. 

Noel is only taking the piss same as we do about Mancs. He loves Liverpool. 

This was just after we won the champions league in 05. 

• 2 months later...

It's been a tough year financially after getting made redundant as it took several months to get a new job and still slowly recovering. My Mrs also had to go from working 3 days to 2. Our daughter is 19 months old but in all honesty she doesn't really cost much money. 

Anyway, last week I got a letter from the tax office who want to give me £591 back in overpaid tax. Family holiday sorted thanks to that.

Today my wife got a similar letter, she's getting £441. Fucking result! 

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the Cafe at work they are serving flan as today's vegetarian choice. This has sparked a debate between what the difference between a quiche and a flan is. Well I wasn't sure so googled it and according to the internets; a flan is a dessert of some sort which is absolute bollocks, I've only ever eaten savoury flans. I blame Americans with almost nothing to back that up, but they seem responsible for most butchering of British words so I'll stick with it.

But what is the difference and what is this sweet dish Yanks are calling a flan?

On 10/09/2019 at 13:05, Remmie said:

At the Cafe at work they are serving flan as today's vegetarian choice. This has sparked a debate between what the difference between a quiche and a flan is. Well I wasn't sure so googled it and according to the internets; a flan is a dessert of some sort which is absolute bollocks, I've only ever eaten savoury flans. I blame Americans with almost nothing to back that up, but they seem responsible for most butchering of British words so I'll stick with it.

But what is the difference and what is this sweet dish Yanks are calling a flan?

No idea on the US but this is what Dutch flans look like

https://www.limburgiavlaai.nl/vlaaien.html?cat=8

Highly recommended. 

On 10/09/2019 at 05:05, Remmie said:

I think a US flan is basically egg custard. 

On 10/09/2019 at 12:05, Remmie said:

Flan is just what we used to call Quiche in this country.

We used to have sweet flan as kids - sponge base, tinned peach slices and Quick Jel, served with Tip Top or squirty  cream. A bit like this (although this has mandarin segments).

2D234F92-94CA-43AC-BE0F-A3256567F63B.jpeg