You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thread for when you can't find the right thread

Remmie

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/09/2019 at 05:49, pauliescouse said:

Well..

Last Monday I had a seizure outside the World Trade Center in Gib, bar for some caring people Id never met and Gib Ambulance Service and the fantastic Gibraltar Health Authority I'd be dead. After 5 days in hospital care I'm back home.

Please, get your GP and get a full checkup. All this happened within 3-4 minutes with no warning before it started. I'd been fine all day. My BP went to 187. 120/80 is normal.

There is a thing called a "WellMan" / "WellWoman" checkup that can be claimed off private healthcare your employer provides. Please get checked out.

I'm still in disbelief....

I had another one on Tuesday, thank fuck I was a few hundred meters from a petrol station I was able to bail the car in and get home. Going for a CT on my brain (gulp) next week but people get checked out. The scary thing, for me, is I felt, and feel okay. But my BP is through the roof and I train regular. Dont know the moment...

10 minutes ago, pauliescouse said:

I had another one on Tuesday, thank fuck I was a few hundred meters from a petrol station I was able to bail the car in and get home. Going for a CT on my brain (gulp) next week but people get checked out. The scary thing, for me, is I felt, and feel okay. But my BP is through the roof and I train regular. Dont know the moment...

Jesus mate, good luck next week. They should be having you in there right away. 

27 minutes ago, pauliescouse said:

Take care man, hope the check up sorts you. Are you particularly stressed at the moment?

You mentioned a 'Well man/ woman' check up in your original post. We're enrolled in a BUPA thing through work- and it's been utterly useless for the most part- any idea if you can just arrange one, or is it one of those things where you have to be referred by your GP (and you end up paying £100 for something that costs £125 because of your policy excess)?

Thank you guys, honestly I was bewildered why it wasnt done when I was in hospital the first time. But then it was about 5 hours before a doctor came in to see me after the ambulance dropped me off; I think there were people who were in a worse place than I was but I'm grateful to them for looking after me.

Yes I was stressed, the perfect storm as it where. I withdrew my rent like I have done for the past 8 years, which didnt dispense from the ATM but was deducted from my balance. Then my own (Spanish) bank told me to go to the ATM's bank and get it back (?!). This went on for 6 weeks before I got my money back. Its a long story and I wont bore you with it but the problem was my rent was then 2 weeks late; and every direct debit / loan / credit card payment failed, and my contract is over at the end of this month - and the apartments have been sold to Blackstone investment group (google them, they are cunts) and they are instructing people to leave at the end of their contract so they can sell the apartments. I only got to hear about this a few weeks ago; the problem is that I dont have enough spare money to go anywhere and a lot of places now want 2 months deposit plus the rent. Hence = homeless in Spain. I dont have any family left to fall back on so I think after everything and 3 days without sleep worrying about it my head went boom. Now, I hear Blackstone are messing the current management property owners about for the rest of the apartment complex so she is offering 7 year contracts to everyone so they cant get rid of them to sell the apartments - problem with that offer rent is 900 instead of 725 now. And we all pay different amounts despite being in the same type of apartments! I saw a receipt on her desk on Thursday and the guy next door is paying less than I am.... but as I understand it they dont pay tax as we pay cash so.....

For the WellMan / WellWoman, I too was with BUPA last year. You dont have to ask the GP for one to get BUPA okay, you can just arrange it with the clinic and BUPA.

I called them for authorisaton and said that the clinic is offering WellMan checkups, I think they didnt really understand but authorised it anyway - it was £230 (I think there was £250 limit for "other" checks) and that was an ECG (cardio), blood work, weight, that sort of thing. The call centre you get to also is key, I had loads of problems when routed to India (probably due my accent!) but no problems routed to UK. 8am to 9am I found I got through to UK ones no problem. 

I didnt pay an excess, though Im not clear if that is an arrangement my employer has with BUPA as I understand this year they tried to impose one so we moved to Axa instead.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently posted that I had lost my locking wheel nut key. It would have cost a lot to get them cut off and possible even damaged the wheels. I found a website that you can send a photo of your locking wheel nut and they then send a matching key for about £40. The key came today and looks perfect. If you're ever in the same scenario, I would recommend looking them up...

https://www.lockingwheelnutkeys.co.uk/

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Not sure there has ever been a right thread for this. Crab smuggling, you’re doing it wrong.

I’m surprised Tony hasn’t already started a “what’s your favourite crab decade?” Thread by now. 

weird how I’m terrified of spiders but would happily pick one of them crabs up without any fear at all. 

spiders are 5 x smaller , don’t have armoured suits, walk forward not sideways and don’t have two big fuck of weapons to attack you with. 

16 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It was my lame way of saying I had no idea what you were on about.

Haha right, I had to go out to get some stuff, as usual I had those Latex gloves on for protection, and somehow I lost money, fucking around with the new notes in my wallet, fuck knows what happened, they're a bastard at the best of times, you deffo need a wallet for them though. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha right, I had to go out to get some stuff, as usual I had those Latex gloves on for protection, and somehow I lost money, fucking around with the new notes in my wallet, fuck knows what happened, they're a bastard at the best of times, you deffo need a wallet for them though. 

Did they have it in mauve? 

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Did they have it in mauve? 

What the gloves?  No mores the pity  they are a lemon colour and quite fetching I might add but you have to wear them on both hands as wearing just one, your hand takes on a mind of its own and its hard to  control its desire to strangle someone, an innocent passer by, the beast with five fingers

Ate a heap of really hot chicken wings yesterday, and then again earlier today, and now I'm drunk with an anus like Vesuvius when I just want to sleep. Cheers past me, you cunt.

Oh and tomorrow me will be cursing both yesterday me and today me for the lovely combination of lava hoop and buckfast hangover. Looking forward to that one.

Tldr im my own worst enemy