You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thread for when you can't find the right thread

Remmie

1 hour ago, Anny Road said:

Just a bit of fun, no offence meant.

Hang on a minute I bet you were a prefect in school weren’t you?

Actually I wasn't allowed to be a prefect in junior school. You had to be a fourth year, but I had skipped a year ahead. So I was in fourth year, but got treated like a third year when it suited them.

10 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Fucking social media apps. Why can't people just use 1 fucking platform. I'm travelling at the moment and between new contacts and friends and family back home, I've now got 10 of the fuckers to deal with, some of them that only 1 person uses.

Whatsapp seems to cover most bases,in my experience.

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking arl arse @dave u

Si doesn't want all this getting dragged up when he's famous, and one day he will be, I'm certain of it.

I've genuinely been convinced for ages that one day I'd be sitting there watching him on the Graham Norton show sat next to Will Smith or Ben Affleck or some other A lister, and I guess he doesn't want Graham bringing up TLW on his screen and going "so I hear that you once bit off your own finger" or "so tell us about this 'squesant' you saw".

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Si doesn't want all this getting dragged up when he's famous, and one day he will be, I'm certain of it.

I've genuinely been convinced for ages that one day I'd be sitting there watching him on the Graham Norton show sat next to Will Smith or Ben Affleck or some other A lister, and I guess he doesn't want Graham bringing up TLW on his screen and going "so I hear that you once bit off your own finger" or "so tell us about this 'squesant' you saw".

Hahaha fair enough 

Just watching Only Connect on BBC2 and a question came up referencing the song 'Informer' by Snow. Justgoogled the lyrics and it seems I've been getting them wrong for the last 25 or something years

Informer
You know say daddy me snow me I'll go blame
A licky boom boom down
Detective man said daddy snow I stabbed someone down the lane
A licky boom boom down
Informer
A licky boom boom down
A licky boom boom down
Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
Break in an' crawl through, through my window
So they put me in the back the car at the station
From that point on I reach my destination
Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom
So
Informer
A licky boom boom down
A licky boom boom down

On 11/03/2019 at 00:52, Strontium Dog said:

Actually I wasn't allowed to be a prefect in junior school. You had to be a fourth year, but I had skipped a year ahead. So I was in fourth year, but got treated like a third year when it suited them.

I was one of the only lads in my junior school who wasn't asked to be a prefect. Not sure why, I wasn't exactly a model pupil but I wasn't one of the mad bastards either. 

I only wanted to be asked so I could turn it down and look like a badass (one lad did that and it was the talk of the whole school and instantly made him the coolest kid in the year), but not being asked at all probably made me even more hardcore.

I also set a school record for the number of house points lost in a week (you lost a point any time you misbehaved). Usually the worst offenders would be on minus seven or eight. I somehow lost 22. 

Don't know if that record still stands but I was damn proud of it at the time.

Actually that might be the reason they never asked me to be a prefect.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watching Only Connect on BBC2 and a question came up referencing the song 'Informer' by Snow. Justgoogled the lyrics and it seems I've been getting them wrong for the last 25 or something years

A licky boom boom down

Me too, I always thought it was "I'll lick your bum bum now".

I feel embarrassed now.

• Upvote 2

@Tony Moanero what's your take on biscuits and milk?

The reason I ask is I decided to give it a go earlier due to sheer opportunity- I had a glass of milk and the biscuits (dark chocolate digestives) were in reach. Yanks seem to have "cookies and milk" instead of tea so I wanted to see what all the fuss was aboot. 

They don't absorb much when you dunk, so I took the alternative approach of biting some biscuit and taking a small glug of milk and swilling it. This works nicely and reminds me of those posh milkshakes they do where you stick whatever confectionery you like in them. 

As I write this my wife has made me some tea and brought over a big bowl of biscuits, this time milk chocolate digestives and ginger nuts. This is a much superior all round experience and I really appreciate the warmth the tea provides. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

@Tony Moanero what's your take on biscuits and milk?

The reason I ask is I decided to give it a go earlier due to sheer opportunity- I had a glass of milk and the biscuits (dark chocolate digestives) were in reach. Yanks seem to have "cookies and milk" instead of tea so I wanted to see what all the fuss was aboot. 

They don't absorb much when you dunk, so I took the alternative approach of biting some biscuit and taking a small glug of milk and swilling it. This works nicely and reminds me of those posh milkshakes they do where you stick whatever confectionery you like in them. 

As I write this my wife has made me some tea and brought over a big bowl of biscuits, this time milk chocolate digestives and ginger nuts. This is a much superior all round experience and I really appreciate the warmth the tea provides. 

Cold milk?

You’ve been dunking Chocolate Digestives in cold milk?!

Fuck’s sake, Rem, I really didn’t need to know about this. You’ve ruined my bloody weekend, you selfish cunt.

Is your wife on Facey? I need to tell her to pour your next cup of tea over your head.

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Cold milk?

You’ve been dunking Chocolate Digestives in cold milk?!

Fuck’s sake, Rem, I really didn’t need to know about this. You’ve ruined my bloody weekend, you selfish cunt.

Is your wife on Facey? I need to tell her to pour your next cup of tea over your head.

But you like moaning so it's probably made your weekend. 

Have you tried biscuits with milk? 

Just now, Remmie said:

But you like moaning so it's probably made your weekend. 

Have you tried biscuits with milk? 

True. My wife’s in for a treat when she gets home, because I’m going to be in full-on rant mode all evening.

I’ve dunked ginger nuts in warm milk, which was ok, but no, I’ve never tried biscuits with cold milk and nor do I intend to.