You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Man City FFP stuff

Bjornebye

Would you take a points deduction for City to guarantee the title for us this year?   

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take a points deduction for City to guarantee the title for us this year?

• Yes I'd rip your fucking arm off for the title this year fuck the oil money cheating Manc bastards.
    • No. It will taint our first title in years. I'd rather see what happens.

de-fault-the-two-greatest-words-in-the-e

I wouldn't want to hear the knob heads (mancs and bitters) crying that we only won it by default. The same knob heads that whinge when we win 5-0 and one of the oppositions attempts was ruled offside. 

If we're going to win it, let's do it properly and they can punish those cheats afterwards. Although I won't hold my breath on them getting punished properly. 

• Upvote 2

They'll either be found completely innocent, or guilty and given a stupid fine. 

Everyone knows they're guilty. But the governing bodies don't give a flying fuck, and the footballing world won't say anything against Guardiola. He's such a GOOD GUY. 

The dirty doping fuck

• Upvote 1

You've got to hand it to City and their fans though.

Complete joke of a club and fan base. A nonentity club with a fanbase of nonces trying to make themselves believe they have rivals, traditions and an established presence. Guaranteed if all the money dried up and they struggled a bit half of their fans would be looking at which club to continue their support with. Man City are currently a subscription service for short-term glory.

Frankly, I couldn't really care if they get fined or not. I don't see the point of trying to justify how they've ruined football because it's easy to get into an unwinnable argument about who spent what, when and how that impacted their success. We've been the big spenders in the past so it feels a little hypocritical (albeit I can see the justification in relative terms). I'd just like rules to be adhered to and fairness across the board. If you fuck about with the rules, or find loopholes, the same punishment applies for utter nonce behaviour.

Weirdly enough, I thought there would be a stretch between teams at the top and bottom and thought this could be fairly dangerous for the PL in the future. As it currently stands, we have two teams hitting 74/70 (soon to be 73) points with a potential of 98/97 points each. At the bottom you have a team that has 14 points with a max of 38 points which is highly unlikely to be achieved. The difference between top and bottom is currently 60 (Fulham) and 46 (Cardiff). Looking back at previous seasons up to 2000, the average difference between top and bottom is: 55-65 points (roughly).

Part of the frustration from our side is the amount of draws we've racked up. You can moan about City overspending and buying the league all you want, they've spent a lot to get to where they are but the average distance between top and bottom remains relatively the same. We just need to do better against teams that keep us at 0-0 (Ev, West Ham etc).

Went for a look on bluemoon to see what their fans have to say about it.

I have to say that, on that forum at least, they are pretty much 99% head-in-the-sand daft bastards. It's one thing to want your club to win and all the others to lose, and for that to come with the bias that automatically happens. But this is completely next level - almost every single poster there is 100% certain it's a giant stitch-up and that City would easily win any case against them if it went to open court.

On the 20th page of the thread or so there was one lone dissenter who bravely stuck his head up and asked mildly "but what if it's true and our owners have been doctoring the books?" and was shouted down by the mob and called all sorts.

Weirdos. If it were Liverpool I'd be desperate for us to be cleared without a ban of any kind because I obviously love the team and want to see us win but I can't imagine myself looking at that evidence and saying "yeah, FSG are completely innocent here, it's all a plot to bring us down."

On 08/03/2019 at 21:19, KevieG said:

They are doping. 

We are hitting a near perfection league run and still likely to lose to a team that have a half empty ground and fake sponsorship deals.

Throw them out.

I wouldn't want them to be docked points this season in order for us to win it. I just don't think that is right. 

That said, there's zero point in fining them.

The only sensible punishment is pretty much blocking them from competitions and players... depending on the severity of what they're doing (I haven't read into it) and how long they've been doing it, anything from docking them points at the start of next season to demotion entirely. Put them to Division Four and tell them to work their way back up, with a signing ban for four years... see how patient the owners are then... 

Would happily take any kind of league win this season even if it's retrospective in July. Yes it wouldn't be fun but it'd get us onto 19 and the monkey off our back. Plus we're going to be better next season so i want to see Man City get the punishment they deserve the massive cheating cunts. 

Still loads of tickets available for their game tomorrow against Schalke. LOADS left. They're not even arsed.

Order of preference:

3. We finish on 92 points and win the league after City are deducted 6 points from their 95-point season. The fume from opposition fans is INTENSE, but we laugh as we get to watch our lads hoist the trophy as fans around the country set records for the poison they spit on the internet and on radio call-ins.

2. We beat City to the title fair and square, and then during the summer sometime the FA announce that they will start on -10 points next season after abuses that are described as "willfully criminal" in the statement.

1. We finish the season on a 9 game winning streak, putting us on 97 points, while City can only muster 88 points after they completely collapse as in early April the FA, the Premier League, UEFA and even FIFA label them a front for organised crime, fine them £1 billion and penalise them with immediate relegation down to League One. Their owners are hauled off to prison while solicitors argue furiously about the legality of extradition to Qatar. Their entire first team is sold off to the highest bidder except for Sterling, who is forced to play out the remainder of his contract two levels below the Premier League. Oh, and the Etihad is donated and rebranded as the Manchester Youth Football Centre and is used as the centrepiece for a new grassroots football movement across the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 10/03/2019 at 09:37, Grinch said:

None of this is anything new.   City are what they are and that's obviously not going to change under their ownership. 

I'm sure none of us gave a fuck about how they bought their title when Aguero scored that goal against QPR. 

We weren't up against them so it wasn't relevant. And FFP was only just being introduced at the time so it wasn't on people's radar as it is now.

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We weren't up against them so it wasn't relevant. And FFP was only just being introduced at the time so it wasn't on people's radar as it is now.

It comes across as sour grapes msssively.

Either way it won't be changing any time soon and thank fuck there's no chance of us being handed a title in the summer after finishing second.   I've not waited all these years for that shit.   

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

It comes across as sour grapes msssively.

Either way it won't be changing any time soon and thank fuck there's no chance of us being handed a title in the summer after finishing second.   I've not waited all these years for that shit.   

I don't think it comes across that way at all, I know plenty of neutrals who feel the same as well. And we're not the only club moaning about it, the reports suggest that it's the majority of the clubs in the league who have a problem with it.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

I don't think it comes across that way at all, I know plenty of neutrals who feel the same as well. And we're not the only club moaning about it, the reports suggest that it's the majority of the clubs in the league who have a problem with it.

They all should have a problem with it. Maybe City aren't stopping sides outside the top six winning the league but they're helping to hoover up the Cups which the lower sides used to have a bit of a chance of winning.  Cheating is cheating. 

• Upvote 2

Utd can throw money about and that's fair game as much as it pains me to say because they have earned it. These beauts can't even sell out their home games and are getting away with breaking rules and nothing will get done, nothing of any note anyway.

I woman I used to work with has a lad on their books, he's 10 now and been there about 3 years and some of the things they are being offered to stay with City is staggering and surely can't be above board.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Utd can throw money about and that's fair game as much as it pains me to say because they have earned it. These beauts can't even sell out their home games and are getting away with breaking rules and nothing will get done, nothing of any note anyway.

I woman I used to work with has a lad on their books, he's 10 now and been there about 3 years and some of the things they are being offered to stay with City is staggering and surely can't be above board.

Yeah the mancs have built up their wealth in the right way, winning trophies and expanding their stadium and brand on the back of that success.

City aren't the first team to just buy their way to success (Blackburn for example) but it's on a completely different scale.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yeah the mancs have built up their wealth in the right way, winning trophies and expanding their stadium and brand on the back of that success.

City aren't the first team to just buy their way to success (Blackburn for example) but it's on a completely different scale.

Blackburn were owned by Jack Walker who used his personal wealth from selling his steel empire, built up from a chandlers shop in Blackburn,  to British Steel . He was a lifelong supporter and realised his dream of seeing them win the league. I don't have a problem with that . On the other City's owners have billions to squander on a vanity project and don't give a flying fuck about the game or financial rules. 

Don't forget city are only teenagers in the champions league according to pep

Thats the right the most expensive squad in world football, been in the competition just about every season over the past decade are the big underdogs and just teenagers

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Blackburn were owned by Jack Walker who used his personal wealth from selling his steel empire, built up from a chandlers shop in Blackburn,  to British Steel . He was a lifelong supporter and realised his dream of seeing them win the league. I don't have a problem with that . On the other City's owners have billions to squander on a vanity project and don't give a flying fuck about the game or financial rules. 

Regardless of how the wealth is acquired though there’s a difference between organically growing via success as opposed to just throwing loads of cash at it before you’ve achieved anything.

There is for me anyway.