You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your alternative Sport top 5

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

1. Horse racing. 

2. Athletics

3. Golf

4. NFL

5. Basketball 

I don't really watch the last 2. But, I plan to start watching Basketball as it's quite entertaining. And I'd watch them if there was no football anymore. 

I was tempted to put boxing in my list. But, as I've got older, while I'll still watch it a bit, someth doesn't quite sit right with me about a sport which has some primary goals that include cutting your opponent so badly that they can no longer carry on or to cause them brain trauma of a sufficient extent to render them temporarily unconscious. 

No offence, but if boxing turns your stomach I'm surprised you still like horse racing.

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Do you do Jiu-Jitsu too, or just watch it? 

I got injured starting it and then work got in the way. Hopefully starting again in a month or two once I get back to gym and lose up a bit. 

Only did a month or two before. 

Found it fascinating and personally fucking scary. Being on the bottom and carry the weight and struggling to breath shits the life out of me as it reminds me of being in hospital and not being able to breath at times. Only once legit got someone to tap but it was a massive boost after getting mauled and feeling completely helpless most of the time. 

Having done a bit muay Thai before I had never felt so fucking helpless than having blue belts completely control me

1. Rugby Union

2. Basketball 

3. MotoGP

4. F1

5. Test Cricket

and even those last three aren't exactly things I'd go out of my way for... I enjoy watching Boxing, field hockey, baseball, snooker as well, but only sporadically.  

Golf and Darts are the two I just can't watch, don't really like horse racing either (unless I'm in attendance).

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I got injured starting it and then work got in the way. Hopefully starting again in a month or two once I get back to gym and lose up a bit. 

Only did a month or two before. 

Found it fascinating and personally fucking scary. Being on the bottom and carry the weight and struggling to breath shits the life out of me as it reminds me of being in hospital and not being able to breath at times. Only once legit got someone to tap but it was a massive boost after getting mauled and feeling completely helpless most of the time. 

Having done a bit muay Thai before I had never felt so fucking helpless than having blue belts completely control me

Last night I had a purple belt 69 me and suffocate me with his crotch, both my hands were trapped too so I couldn't tap, and for a second I genuinely thought that was over for me, and my legacy would be having my name in the paper for dying with a blokes balls on my face. 

Stig called me gay in another thread, he must be right if I keep going back and subjecting myself to such torture. 

• Upvote 1

1) Don’t care 

2) Don’t care 

3) Don’t care 

4) Don’t care 

5) Don’t care 

Move tried to like other sports (an ex loved the Rugby League, never a fan of watching or playing Union (despite I was allegedly quite good, fuck knows...), I’ve genuinely American sports when I’ve been there, can’t stand racquet games), the only other things I’ve ever had a connection with is Horse Racing (but I’ve got to be there getting tanked up) & the Ryder Cup (I don’t care about golf for the next 23 months). Maybe a passing interest in the Olympics but I wouldn’t miss it if it wasn’t on.

IMO, football is the best and only sport worth bothering about. 

I did an official survey on this a while back and boxing won. The results are all there. Me personally, I pretty much only watch snooker and darts in any significant way these days. Used to watch boxing but there's too much bullshit that goes along with it. I like a bit of speedway too. And bowls once a year when the world championship is on. Used to watch quite a lot of test cricket too but lost interest. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Last night I had a purple belt 69 me and suffocate me with his crotch, both my hands were trapped too so I couldn't tap, and for a second I genuinely thought that was over for me, and my legacy would be having my name in the paper for dying with a blokes balls on my face. 

Stig called me gay in another thread, he must be right if I keep going back and subjecting myself to such torture. 

People pay good money for that over here. 

• Upvote 1