You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will you still listen to Michael Jackson?

Bjornebye

Will you still listen to Michael Jackson?   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will you still listen to Michael Jackson?

• Yes why shouldn't I? His music isn't a nonce
    • No, the mans a paedophile therefore so is his music
    • Never listen to the cunt anyway he is shit

He obviously abused children. You could subtract all the physical abuse and his behaviour would still have been perverse and abhorrent, but I think it’s clear it went well beyond that.

The thing a lot of people don’t understand is how wildly variable response to abuse is - in the case of these guys they came to idolise Jackson. They were groomed, made to feel special at such a young age by the biggest star on the planet. I don’t know if anyone's seen the Oprah interview that aired part 2 in the USA, but James Safechuck still says that he feels guilty for talking about it. The very fact that children are malleable and don’t end up speaking about abuse for a very long time is why so much flies under the radar - it’s not by any stretch of the imagination unique for them to defend the abuser for an extremely long time.

Like Savile and his charitable bollocks he hid in plain sight, hand waving away the notion that there was anything abnormal about sharing a bed with young boys. He was never seen getting out of a car holding hands with a female or adult man, was he? Unless you count the wife he acquired almost immediately after paying more than $20m to silence Jordy Chandler.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

It's been well known for decades that he was a bit of a nonce, not a bad nonce, but still a nonce. 

Why the sudden fuss? Why didn't radio stations pull his music the countless other times that there's been stories about his misadventures with children?

I mean he said directly himself on video that he used to let kids sleep over and they'd all take photos of each others cocks, why wasn't his music pulled back then? 

You don't have to be a bad nonce to be a nonce, but he is a nonce.

I watched both episodes last night. Uncomfortable viewing at times and I think the two men are telling the truth. Interesting one of their brothers can’t forgive their mother.

Also how physically alike are the two men now? Spooky

1 hour ago, suzy said:

I watched both episodes last night. Uncomfortable viewing at times and I think the two men are telling the truth. Interesting one of their brothers can’t forgive their mother.

Also how physically alike are the two men now? Spooky

I said earlier, it's the parents fault. Any parent knows it's their responsibility to ensure the safety of their children. Taking first class flights, hotel suites, houses, cars etc while turning a blind eye to someone grown adult taking your child night after night is criminal. 

Watching it I was angry, at the mothers. Why they're not facing criminal charges I don't know. I wouldn't just be not talking to my mother if she had allowed that to happen to me, I'd have taken the law into my own hands. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

I said earlier, it's the parents fault. Any parent knows it's their responsibility to ensure the safety of their children. Taking first class flights, hotel suites, houses, cars etc while turning a blind eye to someone grown adult taking your child night after night is criminal. 

Watching it I was angry, at the mothers. Why they're not facing criminal charges I don't know. I wouldn't just be not talking to my mother if she had allowed that to happen to me, I'd have taken the law into my own hands. 

I can't ever imagine I'd have allowed my son to stay overnight in a man's bedroom! She even split up the family chasing after the fame .

43 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

It's not good to make aspersions just because someone is a bit 'weird'. Esp with such a serious allegation.

Strange however how many people guilty of such serious offenses are complete weirdos. Maybe we have our evolutionary sense of strange for good reason.

People say that society treats people with mental illness differently than a broken arm for instance. Chances are the person with a broken arm isn't going to cut your throat, well not with the broken arm anyway. Obviously there are degrees of mental illness and only the extremes are dangerous and we're all adults here with common sense so you know I'm not painting everyone that has a mental illness as a killer. 

Aged 34 and sleeping with a 7 year old boy. Parents paid to look the other way, no matter how the mothers paint it or try to justify it, that's what happened and there's no doubt about that part. 

In the age of metoo it's funny how there are those that chose to convict people by unsubstantiated accusations that are now defending Jackson. Yeah he's not here to defend himself or to pay between 10 and 25 million to each accuser to make it go away. 

He was weird, he slept with young boys. Parents took cash to let that happen. That's what we knew years ago as fact and they let it go. 

In fairness, didn’t he admit it through the only medium he knew, song....

Because I'm bad, I'm bad come on
You know I'm bad, I'm bad come on, you know
You know I'm bad, I'm bad come on, you know
And the whole world has to
Answer right now
Just to tell you once again
Who's bad

3 hours ago, Captain Marvel said:

People say that society treats people with mental illness differently than a broken arm for instance. Chances are the person with a broken arm isn't going to cut your throat, well not with the broken arm anyway. Obviously there are degrees of mental illness and only the extremes are dangerous and we're all adults here with common sense so you know I'm not painting everyone that has a mental illness as a killer. 

Aged 34 and sleeping with a 7 year old boy. Parents paid to look the other way, no matter how the mothers paint it or try to justify it, that's what happened and there's no doubt about that part. 

In the age of metoo it's funny how there are those that chose to convict people by unsubstantiated accusations that are now defending Jackson. Yeah he's not here to defend himself or to pay between 10 and 25 million to each accuser to make it go away. 

He was weird, he slept with young boys. Parents took cash to let that happen. That's what we knew years ago as fact and they let it go. 

3252936F-FF1E-45F5-9845-06A1CA903BE3.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hindsight is a useful tool but when you think about it, Jackson and Saville were almost advertising it in full view. It reaches a level where people get intimidated from calling them out. Plus, particularly in Jacksons case, there was big big money still to be made (and paid out in hush money by all accounts) that some music CEOs would have ploughed on with regardless 

I remember watching Louis Theroux documentary where he stayed with Saville. The undertone of the program implied that Saville was a bit questionable but some TV big wig must have stepped in and said he wont be outed on our watch due to the potential backlash/legal implications      

I don’t blame Jackson. Imagine his life. He never had a normal one. People screamed in awe before he had pubes whenever they saw him.

Reminds me of Joe Rogan taking about people criticising Justin Beber. He said people saying he is a prick and has gone off the rails with his ego. Rogan said he has had women fainting since he was 5. Breaking into his house and throwing pussy at him. Off course he isfucking weird. Be weird if it hadn’t effected him.

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Makes me wonder if he nonced Bubbles too. They say serial killers start out with animals.

This is probably controversial but I don’t think Jackson was evil. He knew what he was doing was wrong but in his world he loved those kids and sticking your finger up their arse was a manifestation of that. Buying them anything they wanted lavishing them with gifts in his fucked up mind was a fair price for a blow job.

I don’t think he ever wanted to hurt them. He did like if he did it. Lied and should have gone down but hurt, in his mind, was not the intention.

Me and an ex of mine who wouldn’t hear a word against him used to have this discussion about Jackson back in around 2004.

She reckoned I was too cynical to ever understand his sad upbringing and how he was just a tragic figure trying to recapture his lost childhood.

I reckoned when a grown man’s idea of a great Friday night is watching Disney films in bed while sharing kisses and cuddles with young boys who’ve been handpicked as his special friends, you can probably safely assume he’s a paedophile.

“Now we know you’re not one for being petty, Lizzie”, I hear you cry in unison, and I agree. Even so, the other night I texted her “Told you he was a nonce” out of the blue, and to her credit she’s finally conceded I was right 15 years on.

At least there’s been a happy ending to the whole saga and I hope it will be of consolation to the lads involved.