You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Remmie

My username is just "Not My Name" in Russian.

My avatar is ... well, just sort of random. I think I had just watched Cool Hand Luke when I signed up, and then I have never changed it because I hate when people change their avatars because it always confuses me down the road.

• Upvote 4

Username: Err. My name.

Avatar: Black Circle by Malevich. When I joined the site I was studying for my undergraduate degree and was obsessed with Russian art and architecture. Malevich was an early 20th Century leader in abstraction and this was my favourite painting then and, hence, my first avatar on here. I've changed it a few times but always gone back to this and it's been this for a long time now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It's my name plus random numbers

And for some reason the site won't let me have a avatar 

Try this mate. If you have issues, let me know what the errors say  - and I'll try to help. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Started out as Hudu which was a name I pinched from a user on another forum. I can categorically state that I have never been called Hudu anywhere other than here. Then there was a discussion about moisturizing and the phrase General Dryness came up . I thought it had a nice ring to it.

I like Corduroy. The band not the material.

59 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Try this mate. If you have issues, let me know what the errors say  - and I'll try to help. 

Thanks

I know how to add one but the issue is for some reason i do not get the option to add a picture

Untitled.png

Username - Egyptian god of wisdom and learning .. the polar opposite of the person who is typing this!

Avatar - As most of my day is taken up dealing with HR and disciplinary issues I am known as the Dr of death at work cause if you have to have a meeting with me it might end badly haha.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Username - My favourite example of a crushed testicle. 

Avatar - I not only like the music of Django Reinhardt, but also find him an inspiring figure; he managed to be the greatest jazz guitarist despite having gimped fingers. He also had a great 'tache.

Ha, always  thought that was Harry H Corbett.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I used to be NorthernRed but that was shit.

Remmie chose Stouffer so that's who I am.

My avatar is Stouffer; Mr. Harry's cat innit?

Sorted; respect due. 

I'm sure my only part was to slag off your previous username, I think you came up with Stouffer all by your sexy self. 

Stouff and I very nearly met in Frankfurt in 2006. I held a bit of paper saying Remmie and stood next to a Ferris wheel waiting to meet a blue cat. Unfortunately we missed each other by a couple minutes, though I'm not sure Germany was ready for that sexy a union. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

I'm sure my only part was to slag off your previous username, I think you came up with Stouffer all by your sexy self. 

Stouff and I very nearly met in Frankfurt in 2006. I held a bit of paper saying Remmie and stood next to a Ferris wheel waiting to meet a blue cat. Unfortunately we missed each other by a couple minutes, though I'm not sure Germany was ready for that sexy a union. 

It would have been like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters. 

One day tho'; one day.

• Upvote 2

User name came from  a massively drunken night at the rehearsal  rooms  when me and our singer were trying to write  a verse in Spanglish for a new song called Buck Satan Is A Wanker. Was either that or the Franglish version, Avoir Du Pois..

Avatar is a tarted up version of my old band's logo, the infamous Skull & Crossboners logo with the 666 Shooters balaclava.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

User name came from  a massively drunken night at the rehearsal  rooms  when me and our singer were trying to write  a verse in Spanglish for a new song called Buck Satan Is A Wanker. Was either that or the Franglish version, Avoir Du Pois..

Avatar is a tarted up version of my old band's logo, the infamous Skull & Crossboners logo with the 666 Shooters balaclava.

I've only just noticed the pricks and balls in your avatar. I'm kind of relived. 

Doctor Troy was a character from Nip/Tuck, a TV show I was watching when I signed up. Couldn't really think of any other name. 

Avatar is Lucy Pinder. I think I've had her has my Avatar for about 3 years. Firstly because I couldn't be arsed changing it and the rest of you deserve to see a nice pair of tits.