Quantcast
Modern day phrases and general shit you hate - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Lee909

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

Cunts that say "this what its all about" when its clearly not,

I would like to add cunts that say "smarts " should be stoned to death.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rushies tash said:

"Living your best life".

That makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It does if you can complete infinite lifespans and can travel back and forth in time.

• Upvote 1

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"

No, much like "you're either with us or against us", my problem is you reducing a nuanced argument into a binary choice. Fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Champ said:

What’s your preference?

When ‘ladies’ is an option, ‘guys’ really  doesn’t seem that bad

My preference is that nobody to anybody 

7 hours ago, .̯. said:

I fucking love Doritos.

Just got some of the new flame grilled steak ones. Fucking amazing. Totes amazeballs. Nom nom nom. 

Right wing rhetoric pisses me off. It's so fucking pathetic. Cuck. Beta. Soy boy. Rapefugee. Red pilling. White genocide. Etc, etc. 

Fucking bad helmets. 

38 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I've been tempted to push people into traffic for saying totes amazeballs.

You would have been well within your rights.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just got some of the new flame grilled steak ones. Fucking amazing. Totes amazeballs. Nom nom nom. 

Right wing rhetoric pisses me off. It's so fucking pathetic. Cuck. Beta. Soy boy. Rapefugee. Red pilling. White genocide. Etc, etc. 

Fucking bad helmets. 

Some of it is actually very good, creative and inventive, which then gets adopted by the general public, when people feel the disparaging term manages to describe features of a certain phenomenon (which was, I guess the intention) Snowflake, virtue signalling and social justice warrior are pretty good (don't know if they all came from the alt right), many are on the other hand forced, like libtard or most of what you listed, so tend to stay within the originating public.

But in general, they seem to focus a lot of energy on language and come up with some creative stuff. Even if it's a bit juvenile
and essentially serves mostly as put downs without having to make coherent points.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

My preference is that nobody to anybody 

Is that an anagram?

Break/broke the Internet.  Usually talking about some generic famous for nothing cunt having a massive arse and squeezing into a dress 2 sizes smaller than she is.

6 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"

No, much like "you're either with us or against us", my problem is you reducing a nuanced argument into a binary choice. Fuck off.

That's pretty much how modern discourse seems to operate. 

Cuckoldry and polyandry are legitimate social phenomenens. If you find them as distasteful as I do, you need to tackle the root of the problem, not the description.

12 minutes ago, Hades said:

Cuckoldry and polyandry are legitimate social phenomenens. If you find them as distasteful as I do, you need to tackle the root of the problem, not the description.

What you do with parrots is your business. 

• Upvote 4

At the end of the day.

You only live once.

Partner in crime (online dating- so many women say this). I emailed one saying I've got half a kilo of crystal meth want to help me move it?

Social media influencer

I want to acknowledge my privildge

Why is the bus late?

On 3/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, skaro said:

The issue might be the "online" bit.

Once online ceases to be enjoyable recreation - like gambling, alcohol or other stuff - then we can hopefully choose to simply leave it behind.

the main issue with online is it's permanent, i can call you a cunt in the pub, you take no offence as of the way it is said, we move on.

do the same online, well ye'll always be a cunt, not sure how or why as the context has long since gone. do i still think you are a cunt, doesn't matter, i did then.

18 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I'd add taking time to write in an affected Scouse manner, misspelling words, particularly adding 'lid.' Speaking with an accent is natural, transcribing it to words is quim behaviour. 

irvine welsh just called, he's sat with james joyce and they both called yer a cunt, accents are spoken and the vernacular is dialectal language, nothing wrong with writing in it.

"your mum" does not carry the same weight as "yer ma"

ergo, wrong

12 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

the main issue with online is it's permanent, i can call you a cunt in the pub, you take no offence as of the way it is said, we move on.

do the same online, well ye'll always be a cunt, not sure how or why as the context has long since gone. do i still think you are a cunt, doesn't matter, i did then.

And anonymity.

Being called a cunt by someone you've never met - and might hate in your imagination, but actually think quite differently in real life - makes it all not just permanent, but, well, unrealistic too.