Quantcast
Modern day phrases and general shit you hate - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Lee909

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

The overuse of 'narrative' & 'essentially'.

All those American internet terms like 'triggered' & 'snowflake' as well, utter, utter wank.

People commentating on sport saying, 'The attack is key in this game'. What does that fucking mean you twat?

People sending e-mails with,'Mook, can you check the below please?'. Doesn't make sense you bellend.

I could post this shit all day, nearly everything that people say annoys me.

Essentially, the narrative here is that you've been triggered and that's key.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mook said:

The overuse of 'narrative' & 'essentially'.

All those American internet terms like 'triggered' & 'snowflake' as well, utter, utter wank.

People commentating on sport saying, 'The attack is key in this game'. What does that fucking mean you twat?

People sending e-mails with,'Mook, can you check the below please?'. Doesn't make sense you bellend.

I could post this shit all day, nearly everything that people say annoys me.

You forgot "edgy" which you used to neg me for. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You forgot "edgy" which you used to neg me for. 

Repped for reminding me of another one I don't like but I've never negged you for it. I've negged about six times in the five years I've been on here & I can pretty much remember them all.

Unless I was steaming, in which case I apologise.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Repped for reminding me of another one I don't like but I've never negged you for it. I've negged about six times in the five years I've been on here & I can pretty much remember them all.

Unless I was steaming, in which case I apologise.

In that case it may have been just a bollocking, anyway, it made me cry that's why I remember it.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

In that case it may have been just a bollocking, anyway, it made me cry that's why I remember it.  

Well there's no need to be a big fucking Jessie about it.

The way people have wanky made up jobs that wouldn't have existed ten years ago but they are somehow essential all of a sudden.

There are hundreds of people in my work who seem to travel everywhere wasting tons of money on train fares and hotels who contribute the square route of fuck all to the department. 

POTUS. Since when was that an abbreviation?

Gammon. I like gammon, please stop using it as a pejorative. Plus as insults go, its shit. It's up there with all that cuck and snowflake nonsense. 

• Upvote 3

"Going Forward"

"Revert" with <whatever non-important bollocks>

Referring to a group of people using the word People - "Come on, people. Let's.... " 

• Upvote 1

All that ‘conversation’ those poor souls who work on tills or in call centres are forced to trot out

What kind of a day are you having?

Is there anything else I can help you with?

’Awesome’/‘perfect’ when you’ve just given them your name or phone number or similar 

• Upvote 3

“Excited for” instead of excited about. 

“Cringe” or “cringey” instead of cringeworthy.

”Stoked” and “pumped” meaning excited or euphoric.

“Can I get” instead of can I have.

Starting every sentence with “so”.

”We go again” when talking about the unmentionable.

”Think outside the box”

• Upvote 7

I wish George Carlin was still alive, as he would absolutely tear the shit out of wanky modern phraseology and the cunts who speak it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

"Going Forward"

"Revert" with <whatever non-important bollocks>

Referring to a group of people using the word People - "Come on, people. Let's.... " 

See also guys. Guys, can I just ask for you're focus please? 

16 minutes ago, Remmie said:

See also guys. Guys, can I just ask for you're focus please? 

What’s your preference?

When ‘ladies’ is an option, ‘guys’ really  doesn’t seem that bad

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

"Nearly weekend" every single fucking Monday morning from the same dull blerts. 

I get that all the time off people I know. They count down the weekdays only to go for their tea in Wetherspoons on Friday, watch a box set then spend Saturdays looking at sofas in Aintree DfS. Then Monday comes and they are back on the countdown.