You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

Lee909

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just got some of the new flame grilled steak ones. Fucking amazing. Totes amazeballs. Nom nom nom. 

Right wing rhetoric pisses me off. It's so fucking pathetic. Cuck. Beta. Soy boy. Rapefugee. Red pilling. White genocide. Etc, etc. 

Fucking bad helmets. 

Some of it is actually very good, creative and inventive, which then gets adopted by the general public, when people feel the disparaging term manages to describe features of a certain phenomenon (which was, I guess the intention) Snowflake, virtue signalling and social justice warrior are pretty good (don't know if they all came from the alt right), many are on the other hand forced, like libtard or most of what you listed, so tend to stay within the originating public.

But in general, they seem to focus a lot of energy on language and come up with some creative stuff. Even if it's a bit juvenile
and essentially serves mostly as put downs without having to make coherent points.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, skaro said:

The issue might be the "online" bit.

Once online ceases to be enjoyable recreation - like gambling, alcohol or other stuff - then we can hopefully choose to simply leave it behind.

the main issue with online is it's permanent, i can call you a cunt in the pub, you take no offence as of the way it is said, we move on.

do the same online, well ye'll always be a cunt, not sure how or why as the context has long since gone. do i still think you are a cunt, doesn't matter, i did then.

18 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I'd add taking time to write in an affected Scouse manner, misspelling words, particularly adding 'lid.' Speaking with an accent is natural, transcribing it to words is quim behaviour. 

irvine welsh just called, he's sat with james joyce and they both called yer a cunt, accents are spoken and the vernacular is dialectal language, nothing wrong with writing in it.

"your mum" does not carry the same weight as "yer ma"

ergo, wrong

12 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

the main issue with online is it's permanent, i can call you a cunt in the pub, you take no offence as of the way it is said, we move on.

do the same online, well ye'll always be a cunt, not sure how or why as the context has long since gone. do i still think you are a cunt, doesn't matter, i did then.

And anonymity.

Being called a cunt by someone you've never met - and might hate in your imagination, but actually think quite differently in real life - makes it all not just permanent, but, well, unrealistic too.