You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Prodigy - Keith Flint

Bjornebye

Just had Radio X on and people have been sending in stories about him. Apparently he owns a pub in Essex called The Leather Bottle and he keeps a little box behind the bar. Whenever he went over to put wood and kindling to get the fire going and someone (as someone always would) made the expected joke he used to make them put a quid in the box. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just had Radio X on and people have been sending in stories about him. Apparently he owns a pub in Essex called The Leather Bottle and he keeps a little box behind the bar. Whenever he went over to put wood and kindling to get the fire going and someone (as someone always would) made the expected joke he used to make them put a quid in the box. 

He binned that pub off a while back.

Tragic news. 

Remember him once on MTV talking about how he'd been at Lime Street Station:

"I was walking through and these scousers were like 'look he thinks he's Keith from Firestarter' and I was like 'I am Keith from Firestarter". 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Like Bez, wasn’t he just a dancer until Firestarter?

Yeah I think so. I saw Bez last summer in Parr Hall. he was on a tribute band line-up and was advertised as a "Bez DJ Set" was it fuck, he had some fella (who apparently was his son) playing tunes while he just danced round the stage getting selfies with every cunt. I was one of them cunts 

EEF49B35-3015-4E4D-AC50-196422007F1F.jpeg

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I think so. I saw Bez last summer in Parr Hall. he was on a tribute band line-up and was advertised as a "Bez DJ Set" was it fuck, he had some fella (who apparently was his son) playing tunes while he just danced round the stage getting selfies with every cunt. I was one of them cunts 

EEF49B35-3015-4E4D-AC50-196422007F1F.jpeg

That’s a shit beard.

Seen them at Glastonbury in 1997, what a day that was. Granted I don't remember it much but it was probably brilliant.

I actually remember the first time I heard Everybody in the place, it was 1991 and I was standing at Runcorn East station waiting for a train to Warrington and a lad stood near me had it blasting out of a Walkman, didn't know at the time what it was and took a few weeks to track it down. Loved that tune.

• Upvote 1

Still doesn't feel real looking at pictures of him on other sites and knowing why they're there. I feel like I want to know why it happened so that it makes sense but also that I'll probably never know and that it's none of my business. I hope Liam and Maxim are ok and keep making music and that Keith isn't having whatever torment he was having wherever he is now.

Huge huge loss.  Went to see them for the first time in the Tivoli in Dublin in 1993, just before 'Jilted' was released and had a drink with Keith and Leeroy after. Just normal lads enjoying themselves. I consider myself very fortunate to have been young when they came on the scene first. I remember buying Jilted soon after and being completely blown away by it.

Nothing will ever top seeing them live and coming up just when this kicked in

• Upvote 2

One of the biggest compliments I can give Prodigy is they totally weren't the type of music I was into but I absolutely loved them. Usually I'd rather stick pins in my dick than listen to dance or rave music, but they are the exception. Incredible energy and pretty damn unique band. 

Wasn't Keith banging Gail Porter for a while and all? 

saw them live a couple of weeks ago, he was bouncing about like a loon as per usual.

Seen them live shitloads, proper ages you, same as a few others I came of age with the prodigy in the background from Charlie through to Invaders Must Die.

sad news.

seeing the Mondays this weekend, never had a shit selfy with them, but did get sorted out by Bez at Leeds Town & Country Club quite a few years back

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

One of the biggest compliments I can give Prodigy is they totally weren't the type of music I was into but I absolutely loved them. Usually I'd rather stick pins in my dick than listen to dance or rave music, but they are the exception. Incredible energy and pretty damn unique band. 

Wasn't Keith banging Gail Porter for a while and all? 

Yep. Did you see them at Milton Keynes Bowl by any chance Rem? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Did you see them at Milton Keynes Bowl by any chance Rem? 

No, sadly I never saw them live, well not properly at least. I saw them from afar whilst working at the bar at Leeds Festival around 2009 and was gutted I wasn't leathered and right up at the front.