You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movies you've been obsessed with?

Elite

There are lots of films over the years that have been watched countless times but the first film that I watched repeatedly when I was able to was Robocop. It was just a great story with a lot of dark humour and the characters were really boss. 

41 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Raging Bull

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Goodfellas

Carlitos Way

The Insider

Back to the Future

Rocky 3

Total Recall

The Running Man

Shawshank

Green Mile 

Forest Gump

Midnight Express

The Killing Fields

Define "obsessed".

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I've had an obsession with all of these films at some stage during my 47 years.  Will that do?

OK then. You must have loved the 90s.

And you have a very obsessive cinematic personality.

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I've recommended it on here before and I think people thought I was taking the piss. 

Buxton is one of the great cinematic villains. 

Yep, he's superb. We used to have the soundtrack LP  when I was a kid, the Blue Voice used to shit me up, Fenella Fielding had a wonderful voice.

I've just read through this whole thread and it's interesting that the same films come up - and my list isn't much different. 

Jaws

Grease

Goodfellas

Withnail and I

Supergrass

Oliver!

American Werewolf in London

Coast to Coast

I prided myself on knowing the whole script of both Grease and Jaws.  It became a party trick / running joke between friends that someone would randomly say a line and I'd say the next line.

*I should add Pulp Fiction to that list - I went to see it on the pictures and bought it the day it was released on VHS.

** Elite, mate, they're films, not movies.

• Upvote 3

I've sometimes been obsessed with films that I can't see for one reason or another:-

North Star - 1985 TV film about an astronaut who was blinded by the sun & got special powers from it. I used to have nightmares about this film for years & then I finally got to see it again about 10 years ago & it was shite. Gutted.

Nightmare on Elm Street - I saw about 5 seconds of it when I was a kid & was petrified, an older lad used to always go on about it at school & I would listen to every detail intently but I've still never seen it

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - early Scorsese film which I've always wanted to see but I've never got round to buying the dvd/blu ray

The Exorcist 3 - I half watched some of this on the telly one night with the sound down & was listening to some fucked up music which made the whole thing a total whitey. Still never got round to sitting down & watching the film properly, partly because it scared the shit out of me.