Quantcast
Everton 0 Liverpool 0 (March 3 2019) - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Everton 0 Liverpool 0 (March 3 2019)

Recommended Posts

I don't get all this we haven't done this, we haven't done that lark.

 

What more do people want? Us to win every single game? Us to get 100 pts as a bare minumum.

 

We have done and are doing what is required to win a title in any other time....it is just the worst kind of luck that we are up against the most financially doped to the eyeballs opposition ever and they have moved the bar to stupid heights.

 

Even our great teams of the 70's and 80's weren't putting together seasons like this really - our last title winning side got 79 pts from a 38 game season.

 

It is deeply frustrating that what we are doing is highly likely to not be enough and that the wait is going to go on - but it isn't down to our failings it is down to the fact that we are being asked to go to unseen levels to win it.

 

No team has ever got to 90 pts and not won league - we are 20 pts short of 90 with 27 pts to play for....if we get just those 20 will we win it?....will we fuck.

 

It hurts, it is fucking mad - but it is where game is now due to these cheating oil money bastards.

 

Bournemouth for example 0 attempts on or off or even blocked at city's goal at weekend - 0 corners...first time has happened since they started keeping these stats...because they were frozen with fear and afraid to cross halfway playing City - if that is where things are heading then the future is grim.

 

But for me we have done nothing wrong really....we are putting together normal (in fact better than normal) title winning form but it isn't competing with anything near normal.

 

The great Arsenal invincible team got 90 pts - i reckon we'll beat that and it won't be enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel klopp needs to be braver picking the midfield and trust the defence and fabinho too still do a job. Falling back to sturridge, lallana and Milner to an extent and playing gini Henderson and fabinho together It's over kill we need creativity, let kieta find his feet. Even if ox comes back how much use will he be after being out so long.

 

We are in a good place but it can quickly become a bad one if we keep these performances up. Sunday was exactly the type of performance I dreaded but almost expected because it seems to be our default pattern of miscontrolling basic passes, scuffing easy shots and being wasteful whenever the expectation rises.

 

We are a great side who lets itself down. Trust us to be competitive at the same time city become the most relentless side in the league's history. What you gonna do. I love klopp though and trust him to smooth out the rough edges even if his subs seem brain dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd place points after 29 games over the past decade

18/19 season 70 - Us right now
17/18 season: 62
16/17 season: 59
15/16 season 55
14/15 season: 62
13/14 season: 59
12/13 season 59
11/12 season: 69
10/11 season: 58
09/10 season: 64
08/09 season: 61

 

Reason i have highlighted 11/12 is because it is only total close to ours and it is the season City and Man Utd ended up on 89 pts each and City won it on GD with last kick of season....at the 29 game stage City led Utd and their 69 pts by 1 pt with 70...same as our haul now.

 

Bet your life the cunts won't finish on 89 this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

Do you think he'll be with Liverpool next season?

No one would pay his fee. We'd demand in the Neymar ballpark. In fact, the only place I could see him going is PSG if Neymar was to go, but that's very doubtful at this point. I don't even know if they'd be interested either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrible result followed up by being an apparent laughing stock by fans of other clubs hurts like hell.

 

Took loads of shite in work from red and blue mancs, Everton fans and even a Derby fan ffs. Gifs, memes, the lot. 

 

Goes to show how much we are hated but you no what, if we do by chance win it I'm going to town on it. People use the old "we'd never hear the last of it", fucking right you won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I've seen some mental stuff in my time but few things compare to the shite fans shouting 'hoof!'. 

 

The self awareness of Skynet if it was designed by Alan Sugar. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Horrible result followed up by being an apparent laughing stock by fans of other clubs hurts like hell.

 

Took loads of shite in work from red and blue mancs, Everton fans and even a Derby fan ffs. Gifs, memes, the lot. 

 

Goes to show how much we are hated but you no what, if we do by chance win it I'm going to town on it. People use the old "we'd never hear the last of it", fucking right you won't.

Us at home seems to be everybodys cup final - the oil cheats at home seems to be everybodys write off.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still a long way to go and there will be a few twists and turns before the end of the season. Its going to the last game this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the start of the season I didn't think we would be anywhere near challenging for the title so to be one point behind at this stage of the season is encouraging I suppose. The only thing is it's one point behind a team that's clearly and blatantly cheating the system.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always said that if we're a point behind City going into April, then we'll win it - they will probably play 4 highly intensive CL games over a month, plus a midweek game at OT, plus Cardiff at home midweek, plus a sapping Cup semi final at Wembley.

 

Palace away and Leicester at home will be sandwiched away between those highly intense CL games.

 

Providing we lose to Bayern ( which we will), we will have one game per week now - our two disappointing performances at OT and Woodison came after midweek games when we're never as sharp.

 

It's set up perfectly for us to win it in the 1st weekend of May - Rafa giving us an easy ride and Brendan getting a draw at City. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, an tha said:

Us at home seems to be everybodys cup final - the oil cheats at home seems to be everybodys write off.

 

Yep. 

 

We lost our momentum around the Man City game and Wolves FA Cup game. We've not had the same consistency since christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, an tha said:

No team has ever got to 90 pts and not won league - we are 20 pts short of 90 with 27 pts to play for...

 

 

 

 

 

 

At least that would be something - if they can get that there would be no shame in not winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, JoeBuck1 said:

I always said that if we're a point behind City going into April, then we'll win it - they will probably play 4 highly intensive CL games over a month, plus a midweek game at OT, plus Cardiff at home midweek, plus a sapping Cup semi final at Wembley.

 

Palace away and Leicester at home will be sandwiched away between those highly intense CL games.

 

Providing we lose to Bayern ( which we will), we will have one game per week now - our two disappointing performances at OT and Woodison came after midweek games when we're never as sharp.

 

It's set up perfectly for us to win it in the 1st weekend of May - Rafa giving us an easy ride and Brendan getting a draw at City. 

 

 

 

 

I keep seeing posts like this but we are the ones looking leggy and nervous with our game per week.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a "best midfield in the world" few years ago. Sissoko-Alonso-Marcherano- Gerrard. What we have now? Milner-Wilnaldum-Henderson (Fabinho). Fabinho is just like Hamann. How on earth we have Henderson?????????????????? Captain. Graeme Souness is laughing. Hyypiä is laughing and so on.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×