You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) 10/3/19

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

He’s been injured for the best part of two years.  Before that, he was the first name on Klopp’s team sheet.  I’m not saying he is the best player in the team, but get him back in that level of fitness, where he routinely ran further than any other player in our team, then he will unsettle the opposition, and he keeps the ball moving forward.  Can anyone say with any seriousness that they would prefer to see Henderson shitting himself before passing backwards in that team? 

He’s far superior to Henderson, absolutely no doubt about it, the problem is that he is never fit and that’s a big problem.

56 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

He’s far superior to Henderson, absolutely no doubt about it, the problem is that he is never fit and that’s a big problem.

Well there's a lot of doubt.   Since they play in different roles and one has helped us get where we are today and the other is Adam Lallana. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

They are two different players completely so no comparison can be made. Lallana did well yesterday but he has to play well against top teams and string(no pun intended) a few games together before he can be considered a regular. Fabinho was Henderson's replacement and had a poor start before picking up his game from later in first half. I actually like Fabinho and Henderson but with a more attacking third midfielder,maybe Lallana? Maybe Shaqiri? Who knows?

• Upvote 1

For me our midfield should be broken down like this, and one of each should play.

Fabinho/Hendo

Wijnaldum/Milner

Ox/Keita/Lallana/Shaqiri

Given we still need another creative midfielder, somethings got to give there next season.

I expect Naby to be alot better with a second season, and could move into the Wijnaldum/Milner midfield link role, especially if Milner were to leave.

1 hour ago, etho said:

For me our midfield should be broken down like this, and one of each should play.

Fabinho/Hendo

Wijnaldum/Milner

Ox/Keita/Lallana/Shaqiri

Given we still need another creative midfielder, somethings got to give there next season.

I expect Naby to be alot better with a second season, and could move into the Wijnaldum/Milner midfield link role, especially if Milner were to leave.

I think we can definitely absorb the loss of Milner now due to the emergence of Fabinho, and Wiji having good seasons and having Keita/Shaqiri/Possibly Lallana and Ox as more attack minded options.