You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) 10/3/19

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I genuinely think Lallana could be, as he was today, the leader of the press, and the man to unlock teams that park the bus.   

Yeah, he's shown that throughout his career with us.  He should get a 10 year contract, I don't now how we've done so well this season without him.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

Yeah, he's shown that throughout his career with us.  He should get a 10 year contract, I don't now how we've done so well this season without him.

He’s been injured for the best part of two years.  Before that, he was the first name on Klopp’s team sheet.  I’m not saying he is the best player in the team, but get him back in that level of fitness, where he routinely ran further than any other player in our team, then he will unsettle the opposition, and he keeps the ball moving forward.  Can anyone say with any seriousness that they would prefer to see Henderson shitting himself before passing backwards in that team? 

• Upvote 3

Talk of bottling it is nonsense anyway when you're racking up the points we are. 

The important thing if we finish behind City is we don't do our usually trick of signing a pile of shite this summer and going backwards massively.   That won't happen with Klopps eye for a player and the likes of Sturridge,  Origi and Lallana being easily improved upon. 

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I genuinely think Lallana could be, as he was today, the leader of the press, and the man to unlock teams that park the bus.   

He's always had that ability - from the Klopp early days of full on rock and roll football to now, the only one chink in his arnour, for me(and I guess many), is his inability to put all that skill and guile into putting the ball into the back of the net. Perhaps an extra 5-8 goals a season may have kept his detractors off his back. As you rightly say, a potential game changer in these final few games. I just hope he can slot a couple of goals to back up all that hope and belief. 

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

He’s been injured for the best part of two years.  Before that, he was the first name on Klopp’s team sheet.  I’m not saying he is the best player in the team, but get him back in that level of fitness, where he routinely ran further than any other player in our team, then he will unsettle the opposition, and he keeps the ball moving forward.  Can anyone say with any seriousness that they would prefer to see Henderson shitting himself before passing backwards in that team? 

As big a fan of Lallana as I've been since Klopp made him a CM, I think the smart move may be to sell him when he still has some kind of perceived value. 

That said, if you gave me the choice between a midfield containing Fabinho and Henderson or a midfield containing Fabinho and Lallana, any sane person would chose the latter. 

18 minutes ago, skaro said:

9 goals in our last 3 games.

This struggling forward line of ours might be on the mend.

It's more like when we're aggressively flooding bodies bodies forward and trying to create lots of chances, suddenly the forward line looks good, as opposed to the United and Everton games. 

5 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

We dropped points away at West Ham, United and in a derby. Three games that are far from easy. The constant narrative about those games is absolutely ridiculous. Yeah 3 points is less than any of us would have liked, but it's three nasty games out of the run in.

Our away games don't give me any great concern. Don't get me wrong they might not be easy but they are easier than the above three. 

Our home games are all very winnable. Spurs and Chelsea are flakey so if we turn up we will win them both. Wolves could be a horribly awkward one to be fair.

City will have a lot of their players back in a few weeks but they have a horrible fixture list coming up in April. I still feel if we do our business we will win this.

If we lose the title by a point, I'll be bemoaning 11 millimetres at the Etihad long before I blame it on a few draws in what's looking like a 90+ point season.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know where Mo lives?  Was on the way home from the match on the M62 turn off to join the M6 southbound and a Bentley pulled  up alongside.  Glanced over and it was Mo driving.  He looked over and smiled but then the queue started moving before I could get a decent picture (manged the back of the car)