You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) 10/3/19

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, niallers said:

Now I can go eat some breakfast. Got up late and can never watch us whilst eating. Well in lads. Thank fuck. That could've been worrying given the conditions and opposition. Many a Liverpool team would've been there til Xmas 21 and not scored. Won't it be great that United's win over city next month will keep us on top with same games played and then we go on to win it.

Image result for make it so gif

• Upvote 1

On the whole, I thought the team tried to play with a higher tempo and lots of width and mobility. The conditions were tricky (one long ball by Van Dijk looked for all the world as though it was overhit, only for the ball to spin back and stop dead) and Burnley are one of those teams that just like to set up camp in their penalty box, so I thought it was a good decision by Klopp to take out one workhorse from midfield and use someone who can link up and run in behind. I was surprised he went with Lallana, but to be fair to him he did quite well.

That first Burnley goal though? Bad misjudgement by Matip to concede the corner in the first place, but absolutely awful officiating to miss the blatant foul on Alisson and allow the goal to stand. Fucking hell! I mean, how can English officials make so many obviously poor decisions every week and never be held to account for it. Andre Marriner is actually one of the better refs, but the stench of Mike Riley clearly cannot be washed off. That useless hoofwanking bunglecunt is in prime position to make a complete fudge of VAR next season too.

Much better game from Bobby, who deserved his goals. Salah did pretty well up to a point but lost possession cheaply a couple of times with the team in promising positions. He's just so much more dangerous when playing on the right and cutting in, but his shooting boots have deserted him recently. He's been stuck on 49 league goals forever it seems. Of all our attackers, Mane is the one who could be called 'clutch'. He finds a way to be the difference maker at the business end of the season. Two good goals and he even managed to miss a sitter.

Defensively we were largely assured but there was still a sloppy moment in stoppage time that led to Burnley's second goal. It reminded me of our defence over the past decade rather than the one we've seen all season, with a lack of concentration and not seeing the danger early enough to deal with it.

All that being said, we needed the win to keep pace at the top and we got it. We also got a fairly decent performance where we were in control for the most part and opened Burnley up a few times. We could have had more than 4 goals, which sounds strange when Burnley are still considered to be a tough nut to crack.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, clangers said:

Thought Lallana played well, if he can stay fit and build his form, both big 'if's', he'll be useful breaking down the lesser teams we play.

Deary me,  why do we always do this.   He's shite and needs shifting,  just like Sturridge,  Origi or any other cunt that does something every now and again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, J-V said:

He may have had Sun in his eyes.  The camera behing the goal had a shit tonne of sun glare on it when it showed the goal.

Once upon a million years ago, keepers used to wear a cap to keep the sun out of theirs eyes. Probably more worried about messing their £200 hair dos now

5 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Once upon a million years ago, keepers used to wear a cap to keep the sun out of theirs eyes. Probably more worried about messing their £200 hair dos now

and what a fine hair do it is.