You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You're standing in for George Sephton for 1 game....

Bjornebye

Had 5 live on earlier before the kick offs and they went to Sunderland. The announcer was playing 'We Will Rock You' over the tannoy. Made me cringe. So, obviously You'll Never Walk Alone is last, what 5 songs are you playing before it while the teams warm-up, fans take their seats etc? 

• Upvote 3

Great thread idea stig. Though sometimes I wish we could scrap all the music in the run-up to the game (with the exception of You'll Never Walk Alone). So that a general hubbub could build up and given the way the team are playing at the moment you'd probably get some individual players songs from the crowd. I reckon the P.A. actually flattens our atmosphere, especially that stupid fucking premier league jingle that's played as the players are lining up shaking hands.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Great thread idea stig. Though sometimes I wish we could scrap all the music in the run-up to the game (with the exception of You'll Never Walk Alone). So that a general hubbub could build up and given the way the team are playing at the moment you'd probably get some individual players songs from the crowd. I reckon the P.A. actually flattens our atmosphere, especially that stupid fucking premier league jingle that's played as the players are lining up shaking hands.

My take is that George does a great job. He promotes local culture and plays song that we have adopted too.

It all goes south when he hands over to the pitch side fella who does the team sheet readout like a local DJ at a ten year old's party. It's a bit cringey.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

My take is that George does a great job. He promotes local culture and plays song that we have adopted too.

It all goes south when he hands over to the pitch side fella who does the team sheet readout like a local DJ at a ten year old's party. It's a bit cringey.

This.

And that kid's party vibe is about as good as it gets at most other grounds.

Totally disagree with the idea of allowing the general hubbub to develop instead of pre-match George: the hubbub in the Lower Kenny is like being surrounded by 10,000 Creators Supreme. It's miserable as fuck, so anything that drowns that out must be good.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, AngryofTuebrook said:

This.

Totally disagree with the idea of allowing the general hubbub to develop instead of pre-match George: the hubbub in the Lower Kenny is like being surrounded by 10,000 Creators Supreme. It's miserable as fuck, so anything that drowns that out must be good.

Haha fair enough, it might be interesting for a trial though.

I agree on the point of promoting local culture I think it's important that bands/music from Merseyside get played at the game, though maybe during half time.

On 3/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, AngryofTuebrook said:

This.

Unfortunately, I was priced out years ago. I don’t really miss the match anymore but do occasionally regret my match-going days ending prematurely. I always envisaged retiring from the Kop - singing and shouting - and seeing out my days in the Main Stand, moaning, eating ham butties and hard-boiled eggs and sipping Bovril from a Thermos flask. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Unfortunately, I was priced out years ago. I don’t really miss the match anymore but do occasionally regret my match-going days ending prematurely. I always envisaged retiring from the Kop - singing and shouting - and seeing out my days in the Main Stand, moaning, eating ham butties and hard-boiled eggs and sipping Bovril from a Thermos flask. 

Quite a few on the Kop need to fucking do that