You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Neville Southall has explained why he wants Liverpool to win the Premier League.

The former Everton goalkeeper made 750 appearances for the Blues in a storied career at Goodison Park, making more appearances for the club than any other player. “When I get asked whether I want Liverpool to win the Premier League, my honest answer is whether it’s them or Man City is much of a muchness to me,” the Welshman explained.

“I’ve never had any problems with Liverpool fans and we’ve enough to be worrying about aside from them winning the league. “I just want the best team to win it and if they happen to be the best team, good luck to them. And if they do win it, there might just be one positive for Everton.

“I imagine my Twitter will be full of people going, “You’re a kn****ad” but I see it this way: if Liverpool win, it’ll put the pressure back on the board at Everton and rightly so – we’re in the same city so we’ve got to compete. “If you’re in a racing team and the driver next to you has a Ferrari and you’ve got a Fiat Panda, you want a Ferrari because you want to race on an equal basis. “It’s going to take time but, with the owner we’ve got, Farhad Moshiri, I’m hopeful there’ll be a time we can compete on the same level again.

“We’ve a new stadium coming in a few years’ time and I suspect Moshiri doesn’t want to put a poor team in there. “At the moment, though, we’re miles apart and the quality of their strikers, in particular, can make a massive difference.” 

You can't help but like the big old sod can you?

12 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

See this is the difference between us.

I agree

He was brilliant keeper but comes across as an even better human 

Can you imagine them lot admitting this about an ex red

Not their fault. There has never been a decent human to play for the fucking redshite. Ever.

Those who understand need no explanation, those who don’t something something Brian Labone and that.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

See this is the difference between us.

I agree

He was brilliant keeper but comes across as an even better human 

Can you imagine them lot admitting this about an ex red

Has the kind of class and dignity the followers of his team claim they have.

• Like 1

He raises an interesting point that Liverpool success should make Everton have a look at themselves and strive to improve. Then you read tidbits posted on here from their forums about FA conspiracies against them etc. 

It makes no sense. The FA and its TV buddies would love nothing more than for Everton to become a big player in top 4 and title calculations, much in the same way City have over in Manchester. It gives them narratives galore and allows the derby to be hyped up no end. 

As it stands, it's been nearly 9 years since they last won a derby and were the reds to win this upcoming fixture, they'd have exactly double the points of Everton. It's not unreasonable to consider the possibility of this ratio being maintained until season's end, either. That can't have happened very often over the journey,  if at all. 

Heads really have started to fall off, read this battle cry from GOT

deipnosophist

Player Valuation: £70m
I appreciate there’s a little apprehension in the air, a disquiet, an uncertainty. But I would say unto those engulfed by such existential doubt, three simple words (well actually two words and an initialism...not an acronym, an initialism)
Those three words /initialism ? : REMEMBER THE AGM.
Remember how good we all felt post the AGM: after Luvvy Bill and Mosh the Carpetbagger spoke of their hopes and ambition for our giant club...remember the swell of pride in our Everton hearts...remember our joy!
So people, don’t feel apprehensive nor uncertain. Approach the game with springed step and full heart.

One thing I know above all else: our brave lion hearts will not let us down tonight. For they know, more than anyone since Russell Crowe, that what we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Lion hearts 2 (Eton Dom and Schneids to score). Devil Spawn 0

A handful of random thoughts...

1. I wish this game kicked off earlier. I’ve had enough of waiting for it. I wasn’t sure if I’d watch it and didn’t think about it too much yesterday but since I woke at 8am it’s consumed every moment of my idle thinking. Just fucking get on with it.

2. They’re shit, which concerns me.

3. I’m glad I had a spicy Chinese last night to make this mornings shit sting a little. It’s given me focus.

• Upvote 3