You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

Just now, niallers said:

Just not been good enough taking our chances lads. Can't say we didn't have them. Watford away was similar but we got the result. We take our chances here and we praise the performance. 

We're now in the position we all thought we'd be in, i.e. behind city. Out of our hands. 

Let's not get too despondent though. Only a point behind with 7 of our 9 games if not at very winnable.

Frustrated to say the least

Winnable? You can't win if you don't score.

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

HiTerrible use of subs today totally baffling

Generally it is.  It’s all so predictable as well.  There’s a fear factor in his subs.  Shaqiri would have come on for a midfielder near the start of the season.

We were good first half but the confidence went and when it goes our tactical set up is laid bare.  We don’t get players wide enough.  When Origi went off it was game over.  We didn’t create a chance.  Not for how well he played but for how narrow we become.  With Mane playing centrally and doing well at watford he was never going to go back to being the wide man when Firmino came back in.  He had one of his anti-Salah games as well.  It’s gone.

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Midfield still our problem. Fabinho excellent but we have no creativity at all. Keita and Ox may be the answer but we know Henderson, Milner, Lallana and Wijnaldum  aren't. 

As big of a shithouse that he is, I'd have Coutinho back in a flash. 

Word.

I'd give my right bollock to have Phil back.

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Klopp can get to fuck if he thinks Lallana is ever a better option than XS. Leaving Hendo on should be a stackable offense.

Fun while it lasted. Bye bye league challenge. City will win it by about 5 points 

Klopp's shat himself. Gone ultra conservative in just about every way since January and we're paying the price. 0-0's are fucking useless with the absolute juggernaut we're trying to contend with. 

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

5 draws in 7 if you count the Bayern game.

Exactly. Its not a good result. We have lost the league only losing twice.

Every draw is 2 points dropped. No idea why its considered a good result, unless against a direct rival

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I disagree here. We played worse with our first XI on the pitch tonight.

I'm referring to the last two months or so. We've clearly lacked quality options to rotate. The front three look right off it at times and we've not got sufficient quality to go to.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

On another note after the glow of putting a spanner in our works has faded i would be spewing if i was an evertonian.........their team has clearly short changed them all season and failed to put a proper shift in week after week.

This ignores the fact that they only exist to frustrate Liverpool. 

Our forward line has been poor for a long time.  Firmino in particular is shocking.  We need to take pressure off them.    Remove Henderson - permanently - and play Lallana for the rest of the season.  We need someone who will make the runs from midfield and create space for our forwards.  Someone with bravery on the ball.  Keita gets another season, as he cost a fortune and we need to give him a chance to come good.  Henderson and Wijnaldum need to go, and Milner needs to play from the start, albeit sparingly.