You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

If we get to 90+ points this season then we deserve to win the league, but the reality is City will also get to 90+ points too. 

We've conceded less goals and scored more than any team bar City this season and we've taken 70 points out of a possible 87 having played all of the top 13 teams in the league away from home. 

There's not much more we can realistically do!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we get to 90+ points this season then we deserve to win the league, but the reality is City will also get to 90+ points too. 

We've conceded less goals and scored more than any team bar City this season and we've taken 70 points out of a possible 87 having played all of the top 13 teams in the league away from home. 

There's not much more we can realistically do!

Is right.

Every team that has ever got to 90 pts has won the league.

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

Why do it to yourselves? The attack barely functions. The only way we win it is if City epically bottle it. All the talk about us bottling it when we were lucky to be in the position we are.

We've just beaten Watford 5-0. As far as I'm aware they were on a pretty good run at the time that we played them. Is Klopp turning believers into doubters?

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Why do it to yourselves? The attack barely functions. The only way we win it is if City epically bottle it. All the talk about us bottling it when we were lucky to be in the position we are.

In the last 3 matches Man City have just 2 goals, a dodgy penalty and a swinger Mingolet would have saved. They have also lost 4 players to injury in that time. What you describe as bottling could easily happen with the amount of games they have to play.

I saw a couple of clips on Twitter of scally nobheads - Reds, ffs - walking down the road singing Steaua songs and  in Goodison, doing wall-push gestures to the Bloo fans at the end of the match.

I don't give a fuck about any claimed provocation or anything; nothing excuses that.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I saw a couple of clips on Twitter of scally nobheads - Reds, ffs - walking down the road singing Steaua songs and  in Goodison, doing wall-push gestures to the Bloo fans at the end of the match.

I don't give a fuck about any claimed provocation or anything; nothing excuses that.

Stay off twitter is my advice.

• Upvote 3

How some of us feel after the derby is still nothing to how they have felt for over two decades as bitters. The euphoria of the famous draw will soon fade and they'll realise they are still everton fans, I feel very sorry for them, I pity them.

You can bet they'll probably not win another game all season now, their players having won their cup final. That will be enough for the fans, they got a mighty draw against the rs.

No stadium news needed this week, no scared wives, or toddlers being hurled into fights. There are those consolations. Maybe they'll hold back on their revolting chants and try some footballing ones instead, maybe that's too much to ask from their scumbag fans. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Idiots and we have plenty of our own. Most of them were born years after Heysel just like most of the blue dickheads who sing always the victim don't have a clue of what the city was like in 1989 when all of us red and blue took on the establishment.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think it is awesome how one out of two teams in the greatest title race of recent times - both of whom who will get top 5 historical points hauls - one of them is going to bottle it. Thats awesome.

Feels like people who say that have never competed.

Even winning 8 of the last 9, a drawn game in there would bring fresh calls of Liverpool having 'bottled' it, were City to win out from here. This, despite meaning it would statistically be level with the greatest points haul in the English top flight until a year ago. 

While it's good for resting players, a full week's break is extremely frustrating after a disappointing result like last Sunday.

If we stay right behind City, April will be an exciting few weeks.

Don't want to hear anything about a European Cup elimination next week being a blessing in disguise for us either. It would be a huge blow mentally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kieve Kev said:

How some of us feel after the derby is still nothing to how they have felt for over two decades as bitters. The euphoria of the famous draw will soon fade and they'll realise they are still everton fans, I feel very sorry for them, I pity them.

You can bet they'll probably not win another game all season now, their players having won their cup final. That will be enough for the fans, they got a mighty draw against the rs.

No stadium news needed this week, no scared wives, or toddlers being hurled into fights. There are those consolations. Maybe they'll hold back on their revolting chants and try some footballing ones instead, maybe that's too much to ask from their scumbag fans. 

I feel a bit sorry for them , it's like having a fantastic big brother who is great at everything while you are the definition of average & the self-hate just keeps on festering.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

While it's good for resting players, a full week's break is extremely frustrating after a disappointing result like last Sunday.

If we stay right behind City, April will be an exciting few weeks.

Don't want to hear anything about a European Cup elimination next week being a blessing in disguise for us either. It would be a huge blow mentally.

Agree, we need to stay in the European hat too.

We bottlers might have to settle for the European Cup!

• Upvote 1