You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

Some of you on here need to calm down. We're up against the financially doped so called greatest team ever, and we're the only team pushing them all the way. We're 1 point behind, it's not over yet not by a long shot. Or maybe some of you would prefer we go back to the good times pre klopp, when we were finishing 6th and dreaming we could get 4th. We're in a title race so pull up your big boys pants, suck it up and let's fucking go. This is what we wanted is it not? And if we don't win it so what, we fucking go again. Not trying to cause shit here but my word lads, get a grip.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Some of you on here need to calm down. We're up against the financially doped so called greatest team ever, and we're the only team pushing them all the way. We're 1 point behind, it's not over yet not by a long shot. Or maybe some of you would prefer we go back to the good times pre klopp, when we were finishing 6th and dreaming we could get 4th. We're in a title race so pull up your big boys pants, suck it up and let's fucking go. This is what we wanted is it not? And if we don't win it so what, we fucking go again. Not trying to cause shit here but my word lads, get a grip.

This is so cliched and condescending. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think it’s a reasonable position to have. I understand his frustration with the some

of the defeatism on here. 

What defeatism? That people feel down that we're now 1 point behind when we were 7 points ahead only two months ago? That seems logical to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What defeatism? That people feel down that we're now 1 point behind when we were 7 points ahead only two months ago? That seems logical to me. 

Bit of a difference in what we're describing.

The defeatism I'm talking about is the race since the final whistle yesterday to declare any title challenge over. It's  a more difficult task now, but it's far from over, and I really hope the same negativity doesn't become apparent in the crowd on Sunday if we aren't three up after a quarter of an hour.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

If you had have been offered being one point behind at this stage of the season you would have taken it. 

No I wouldn't have taken it, because at one stage we had a seven point lead.  I would have thrown it back in your face and said "this stinks of piss, I'll keep my seven point lead thank you". 

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

It does seems odds against now with us seemingly running on empty due to a lack of depth and Jurgen refusing to take a chance on more positive options , but people can fuck off with the ' chokers ' shit that is starting to be thrown by petulant wankers. Chokers don't avoid defeat in all but one of 29 league games and set LFC points records in comparison with some of the greatest teams ever seen in the history of the game.

Throwing away a seven point lead is definite choke territory in my book.  Draws are almost as damaging as defeats so one defeat in 29 league games is scant consolation for me. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

No I wouldn't have taken it, because at one stage we had a seven point lead.  I would have thrown it back in your face and said "this stinks of piss, I'll keep my seven point lead thank you". 

Throwing away a seven point lead is definite choke territory in my book.  Draws are almost as damaging as defeats so one defeat in 29 league games is scant consolation for me. 

Shades of Newcastle 1995-96.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The defeatism I'm talking about is the race since the final whistle yesterday to declare any title challenge over. It's  a more difficult task now, but it's far from over, and I really hope the same negativity doesn't become apparent in the crowd on Sunday if we aren't three up after a quarter of an hour.

The reactions are like this precisely because we've stunk since January both performance and results wise and because we've thrown away a decent lead at the top which puts our title challenge in real doubt. People are only reacting naturally to what they're seeing happening. Criticizing them for doing that is nonsense.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nearly 24 hours on I'm in a better place than I was. I was gagging for a reckless all out attack approach, with hindsight I now realise Klopp was right. A defeat yesterday meant City need to lose or draw twice, that's close to game over. As it is I think he's banked on us winning the 7 games we should win and the fans getting us over the line in the 2 big ones. 

That will be enough, for it not to be City will need to have won 14 straight or 19 from their 20. You hold your hands in that situation and say the better cough cough financially doped team won.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

This is so cliched and condescending. 

Well I'm not trying to be, so I apologise. I just can't understand how we can be so negative when it's not over yet. At the end of the season fair enough, but not now with 9 games left, anything could happen. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It's not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, in my opinion.  Look at the form guide an tha has posted on the Burnley match thread; 1.9 points per game over the last 10 league games.  That's not good enough to sustain a title challenge.  

We are actually putting together what is a classic championship winning season and our end points total will be one that reflects that.

Sadly these cheating oil bastards have moved the bar to a stupid height where now it seems you need close to 100 pts to win the league which has never been the case.

The average winners points since the PL began (in 20 team seasons) is 86 and keep in mind this how many pts they got, many times they were well clear with these totals - Leicester fucking 10 clear with a measly 81 for example.

On any of the quite rare occasions a team has got to 90 pts they have won the league by an average of 11 pts.

No team has got 90 or more pts and not won it.

Arsenal's invincible team achieved 90 pts.

We are doing unbelievably well - probably end up with our best ever points return and we have won the thing 18 fucking times, so that is not a low bar - but we are up against a fucking ridiculous financially doped team.

It of course if we fall short won't count for anything and in fact will probably just make it sting worse but sadly it is what it is - it is mad when the expectation for season is almost win every game - totally mad.

I said it yesterday we are like a runner in the 100m Olympic final running 9.58 secs to equal world record only to be beaten by some cunt juiced up to his eyeballs running 9.50.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, in my opinion.  Look at the form guide an tha has posted on the Burnley match thread; 1.9 points per game over the last 10 league games.  That's not good enough to sustain a title challenge.  

Of course not. We need to improve.

The (admittedly simplistic) way I look at it is that if a belief that our challenge was over was extended to the whole fanbase, this would ultimately translate to atmosphere at games, especially at home, and make it even less likely that we'd capitalise if City drop more points.

Just to put in my own negative - I don't think it's a given in the way many do that we'll be as competitive next season. Manchester United and Chelsea will improve. Manchester City will buy even more £60m players for their bench. This could be our best chance for a few more seasons. It's still a great opportunity.

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Of course not. We need to improve.

The (admittedly simplistic) way I look at it is that if a belief that our challenge was over was extended to the whole fanbase, this would ultimately translate to atmosphere at games, especially at home, and make it even less likely that we'd capitalise if City drop more points.

Just to put in my own negative - I don't think it's a given in the way many do that we'll be as competitive next season. Manchester United and Chelsea will improve. Manchester City will buy even more £60m players. This could be our best chance for a few more seasons. It's still a great opportunity.

I take it as a given that the team will try their best and the crowd will be supportive, but it's a two way street.  Give us something to be positive about, Reds.  We're in a title challenge, wake the fuck up in front of goal.  It's not much to ask for, just one goal over the last 180 minutes of turd football (Everton and Man Utd) would be enough but we couldn't even manage that.  Yes it's a great opportunity so play like it is and give us some tasty treats instead of the Pod Noodles currently being served up. 

Are City going to win all their games?  I don't think so!

I am sure they will go through in the Fa Cup so another game will be postponed.  We will then have a chance to get points on the board and leave them to play a congested run in.

I maintain that Pep going for immortality will cost them in the end.  I think they will  end up with both domestic cups.

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I take it as a given that the team will try their best and the crowd will be supportive, but it's a two way street.  Give us something to be positive about, Reds.  We're in a title challenge, wake the fuck up in front of goal.  It's not much to ask for, just one goal over the last 180 minutes of turd football (Everton and Man Utd) would be enough but we couldn't even manage that.  Yes it's a great opportunity so play like it is and give us some tasty treats instead of the Pod Noodles currently being served up. 

KLOPP EXCLUSIVE: 'I'LL FILL TK421'S DOUBTING MOUTH WITH FOOTBALLING DELICACIES IN TITLE SURGE'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

Are City going to win all their games?  I don't think so!

I am sure they will go through in the Fa Cup so another game will be postponed.  We will then have a chance to get points on the board and leave them to play a congested run in.

I maintain that Pep going for immortality will cost them in the end.  I think they will  end up with both domestic cups.

Game rescheduled for cup will be brought forward.

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

In terms of fixture congestion, is there any precedent for a league game being put back to after the final day's round of matches?

Only in 1989 for obvious reasons. Now, all final round of PL games have to be played at the same time on the same day.