You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

Lest we forget, the ball travels another half an inch in the City game and the reds have a 2 point lead at the top and on track for an unbeaten season, against arguably the most financially doped side in history. 

56 minutes ago, A_S said:

Lest we forget, the ball travels another half an inch in the City game and the reds have a 2 point lead at the top and on track for an unbeaten season, against arguably the most financially doped side in history. 

Wonder what players like Salah (irredeemably selfish) get from Klopp in the dressing room after such an inept performance. A warm hug I bet, considering you do not see the player making the right passes at the right time almost always! 

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Wonder what players like Salah (irredeemably selfish) get from Klopp in the dressing room after such an inept performance. A warm hug I bet, considering you do not see the player making the right passes at the right time almost always! 

Yea Salah with his goals galore is the problem.   Not shite like Lallana,  Sturridge,  Origi offering nothing. 

Not a midfield that doesn't create a thing,  nope it's Salah. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You gave it up before the first ball of the season was kicked.

Seriously, if you are so incapable of taking pleasure from football, why do you bother?  If you can't enjoy a title challenge, you're following the wrong sport.

You stop enjoying them when they only happen every 5 years and they're ultimately futile! I've seen this show before and the ending is always shite!

5 hours ago, A_S said:

And if your auntie had bollocks she'd be your uncle!

• Downvote 2

It does seems odds against now with us seemingly running on empty due to a lack of depth and Jurgen refusing to take a chance on more positive options , but people can fuck off with the ' chokers ' shit that is starting to be thrown by petulant wankers. Chokers don't avoid defeat in all but one of 29 league games and set LFC points records in comparison with some of the greatest teams ever seen in the history of the game.

Last season we were still panicking about Kevin Friend trying to stop us getting a CL place on the last day of the season , this season we are bossing all but one team and on course for a record points total with a chance of winning the League and still in the CL last 16. 

Lets get behind the boys & Jurgen and stop this negative , self-indulgent shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, therevivalist said:

You must be trolling right?

All goal scorers are selfish, it’s what makes them great. Our problem is in the midfield and defence (to support VVD in the middle) it’s not top scorer Mo Salah.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Thoth said:

All goal scorers are selfish, it’s what makes them great. Our problem is in the midfield and defence (to support VVD in the middle) it’s not top scorer Mo Salah.

It really was yesterday unfortunately. He was put through twice and had an opportunity to set up Milner for an open goal, and he managed to screw up all of those.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

I don't think the midfield is missing anything other than a creative link to the strikers. I think Klopp was hoping Keita's energy would cover this and he'd be more of a feature by now. Fabinho is brilliant,Henderson has raised his game and Wijnaldum is also having a good season too. Milner works hard but seems to be struggling of late but Shaqiri is the enigma in that Klopp doesn't seem to trust him enough to be that spark in tight games we could do with winning,even though Shaq doesn't help himself at times. Our defence is brilliant and Matip has surprised even me at how well he's played lately,we just lack the quality back up for suspensions and injuries. We are so close I can almost touch the success.

The title race clearly isn't over but this slump is down to Klopp's safety first approach. It's absolute nonsense that Milner came on in front of Shaq/Lallana/Keita. That substitution changed nothing. Just so fucking infuriating that he kept it the same and gave Everton and their fans a further impetus.

I don’t think it’s over but I do think that we need to ditch one of the two passive midfielders and play an attacking midfielder to link the play and make the runs beyond our misfiring front line.  Such running will also create space for the front three.  Ditch Henderson and play Lallana Jurgen.

19 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I don’t think it’s over but I do think that we need to ditch one of the two passive midfielders and play an attacking midfielder to link the play and make the runs beyond our misfiring front line.  Such running will also create space for the front three.  Ditch Henderson and play Lallana Jurgen.

Funniest post in ages. Well done.

44 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Good diagnosis. Bad prescription. 

• Upvote 2

Fabinho and Wijnaldum plus one of Shaqiri or Keita.

Milner can rotate some games with the two holding midfielders.

Playing three holding midfielders is killing us, especially with a front three that looks absolutely fucked. Obviously due to us having no competition for places.

What a enormous waste of our good start this season is looking like being.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Thought Everton played well myself, 100mph stuff, if we'd got a 1-0 win there it'd have been the result of the season. 

Midfield still remains the problem as we all know. 

Thought Richarlison running at Robbo was the change in the game myself.

I think it was always going to be hard to keep up the pace we set in the first half of the season. We're still in with a great shout and our run in is looking fairly kind on paper. 

In the timeframe we play our next 5 games City play three because of the FA Cup and their April is horrendous in terms of fixture congestion so it's a good chance to get points on the board against them. 

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

Henderson had a better first half than anything we've seen from Adam in years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1