You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

What is up with Mo recently? Ok, he played against Watford but that's been a rare one in recent months?

Piss poor performance by most today and couldn't keep hold of the ball in the last 5/10 minutes, giving away slot passes, punting it long hoping its gonna stick... Truly heavy metal football. 

14 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Think Shaqiri has stopped playing because he’s been average to poor in his last games.

That said Henderson and Lallana have no place in your team if you want to be champions.

Nah. He's stopped playing because we've decided it's a better idea to try to grind out 0-0's and 1-0's with 3 holding midfielders on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Hopefully United will beat City and swing it back in our favour.

Yeah, no. I made my peace a while ago with the fact that City will win every game until the end of the season. I recommend it.

Just now, J-V said:

We have plenty more draws in us

Maybe, but today was the one game that we almost certainly wouldn't have won because of what it meant to the blueshite. City have lost some players and their hardest match is still to come. 

It certainly isn't going to be easy but at one point in the season we were quite a way behind with a worse goal difference so anything still could happen. 

3 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

What is up with Mo recently? Ok, he played against Watford but that's been a rare one in recent months?

Piss poor performance by most today and couldn't keep hold of the ball in the last 5/10 minutes, giving away slot passes, punting it long hoping its gonna stick... Truly heavy metal football. 

He's regressed to the mean, he's still a very good forward option but not truly world class. He went through a purple patch last season and teams now set themselves up to nullify our front three as we don't carry much threat from midfield.

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

As if the result wasn't bad enough the sight of Henderson rallying the troops in the 93rd minute like Billy Big Bollocks really got my goat.

Actually Klopp yelled at him -  "Hendo, come on!!" and he then yelled "Come on" a bunch of times to everyone near him

1 minute ago, Red House said:

Was Hendo and his pathetic 92th minute rallying act the reason why Virgil looked dejected?

Shouting and pointing wins leagues. 

14 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Can't say I'm shocked, just depressed, we could now win every remaining game and finish second with 1 defeat all season, just not good enough all around!

I blame Klopp and I blame FSG, the lack of depth is appalling, another great opportunity tossed away!

To be fair this isn't really a great opportunity tossed away....a great opportunity tossed away would be like challenging that Leicester team who won league with a measly 81 points.

We'll probably get more points than Arsenal's Invincibles - we'll amass a points total that would win the league 99 times out of 100.....but we sadly are up against a team who have put the bar at a ridiculous height and made the ask required fucking stupid.

We've put together what would be a title winning season in normal circumstances...sadly these are not normal times - as evidenced yesterday when a team AT HOME failed to register a single attempt off or on goal or even blocked, and failed to register even a corner...they sat in their own half and watched City play.

We are going to get done by a financially doped team.

It is like running 9.58 secs in the Olympic 100m final (current world record) and being beat by some twat juiced up to his eyeballs who runs 9.50

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah. He's stopped playing because we've decided it's a better idea to try to grind out 0-0's and 1-0's with 3 holding midfielders on the pitch. 

Agree we lack creativity in midfield. 

But Shaqiris last game was away at West Ham as a sub. He was shit in that one. Before that he started at home to Leicester. I didn’t watch that one, genuine question did he play well?

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Have to win all of our remaining games now. Can’t see it. 

Yup, not gonna happen. We're not going to flick a magical switch and go from a team that's dropped 11 points in the past 9 games to one that drops 0 in the next 9.

We'll finish 5-10 points behind City, look forward to the "We'd have won the title 9/10 seasons with this points tally" posts once the season is done.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Actually Klopp yelled at him -  "Hendo, come on!!" and he then yelled "Come on" a bunch of times to everyone near him

Henderson is one of the players we need to move on in the summer. Too lightweight and cowardly performances far too often whilst putting on his billy big balls leader of men routine. VVD should be the captain.

1 minute ago, Red House said:

Was Hendo and his pathetic 92th minute rallying act the reason why Virgil looked dejected?

He gets a lot of undeserved abuse, but the timing of that was absolutely bizarre. 

‘Yeah, cheers for that Jordan.’

A bit rubbish that. 

Big Virg and Fabinho both good. But not enough creativity through midfield and some really sloppy passing in the final third. 

It was always going to be a tough game against these game raisers. 

But I'm seeing a lot of resignation. It's back in City's hands. But we're 1 point off the top with 9 games to go. We need to snap out of a poor run of form, but it'll only take a City draw and a win from us to put it back in our hands. 

I'm still sitting back and enjoying the ride. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, El Rojo said:

I thought we were absolutely outstanding, we showed tremendous character out there but just lacked that wee bit of quality in the final third.   

'kinell is that you Brendan?

Here's what us and City have left to play:

City

Watford at home
Fulham away
Cardiff at home
Palace away
Spurs at home
United away
Burnley away
Leicester at home
Brighton away

Us

Burnley at home
Fulham away
Spurs at home
Southampton away
Chelsea at home
Cardfiff away
Huddersfield at home
Newcastle away
Wolves at home

A long way from impossible but I can only see two games there where I'd think City might drop points and even one of those (Spurs at home) needs some very positive thinking with the way they've played recently.

Playing at our best, we shouldn't drop any because our two toughest games are at home, but whether we can do that is another question.  We have after all turned a 10 point gap into a 2 point deficit over the last two months.  We should have a good idea of how its ending after 24th April (the Manchester derby).

Have to say fuck those scruffs today, you'd think they'd just won the League, Cup and Super Bowl from the noise at the end, not managed to avoid getting beaten at home.  I guess that's what happens when you have to recalibrate your definition of success.

• Upvote 1

I'm astounded we still have a player with zero courage as a captain.  Every time we need someone to step up, he shrinks away to nothing.  Every time.  He sets the worst example, the worst tempo, and hides instead of pulling his teammates up by their bootstraps.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Our forward line has been poor for a long time.  Firmino in particular is shocking.  We need to take pressure off them.    Remove Henderson - permanently - and play Lallana for the rest of the season.  We need someone who will make the runs from midfield and create space for our forwards.  Someone with bravery on the ball.  Keita gets another season, as he cost a fortune and we need to give him a chance to come good.  Henderson and Wijnaldum need to go, and Milner needs to play from the start, albeit sparingly.  

Milner needs to play from the start? 

Take it you haven't been watching him for the last 6 months? Or Lallana for the last 2 years?