You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 3/3/19

Bjornebye

This is the first game I look for when the fixture list comes out.

Everton away is football boiled down to its essential brilliance. Loud, tribal, fast, wild, dramatic, entertaining, star making and has provided lots of laugh after the year. 

Even if we don't get them one year, we get them the next. I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a non-cup final more than when we beat them 2-1 with a Kuyt penalty, before Gerrard had a quick word with Clattenburg, then Rafa accused Everton of being divers after Lescott went down at the end. I absolutely live for things like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Everton away is football boiled down to its essential brilliance. Loud, tribal, fast, wild, dramatic, entertaining, star making and has provided lots of laugh after the year. 

Unless Gravytits is in charge.  That dreckfest a couple of years ago was the opposite of what a derby is supposed to be. 

53 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Unless Gravytits is in charge.  That dreckfest a couple of years ago was the opposite of what a derby is supposed to be. 

True enough, actually.

I'm still very much looking forward to it, though. This is me, waiting for Sunday:

nYU8XB4.gif

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Even if we don't get them one year, we get them the next. I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a non-cup final more than when we beat them 2-1 with a Kuyt penalty, before Gerrard had a quick word with Clattenburg, then Rafa accused Everton of being divers after Lescott went down at the end. I absolutely live for things like that.

It was a good decision to bring Lucas on for Gerrard, a calm head was needed.  Well done, Rafa.

We need a win, be it by 1 lucky goal or 10 belters it doesn’t matter.

the reality check is delivered by the relative points and league position, now and at the end of the season, and the number of years since they beat us, finished above us or were simply relevant.

20 hours ago, Kevin D said:

True enough, actually.

I'm still very much looking forward to it, though. This is me, waiting for Sunday:

nYU8XB4.gif

And thats every Everton wife tomorrow when Everton get a penalty when a goal down 

D0rRXjWWsAIP9qK.jpg

41 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I have to watch it overtime someone posts it. Im in tears again here. What the fuck has the poor dog done wrong? "Your not inconsiderable weight" haha. Then the clap at the end. Genius just perfect. We need more arguments on here. 

Blitzkreig these mongrels for the first 20 minutes and get ourselves 3 up and we’ll see this toxic atmosphere they’re trying to generate against us turn against each other. Half empty ground by half time and a 2nd half cruise while they keep 11 men behind the ball. 

Moyeseh in by Wednesday 

Neville Southall has explained why he wants Liverpool to win the Premier League.

The former Everton goalkeeper made 750 appearances for the Blues in a storied career at Goodison Park, making more appearances for the club than any other player. “When I get asked whether I want Liverpool to win the Premier League, my honest answer is whether it’s them or Man City is much of a muchness to me,” the Welshman explained.

“I’ve never had any problems with Liverpool fans and we’ve enough to be worrying about aside from them winning the league. “I just want the best team to win it and if they happen to be the best team, good luck to them. And if they do win it, there might just be one positive for Everton.

“I imagine my Twitter will be full of people going, “You’re a kn****ad” but I see it this way: if Liverpool win, it’ll put the pressure back on the board at Everton and rightly so – we’re in the same city so we’ve got to compete. “If you’re in a racing team and the driver next to you has a Ferrari and you’ve got a Fiat Panda, you want a Ferrari because you want to race on an equal basis. “It’s going to take time but, with the owner we’ve got, Farhad Moshiri, I’m hopeful there’ll be a time we can compete on the same level again.

“We’ve a new stadium coming in a few years’ time and I suspect Moshiri doesn’t want to put a poor team in there. “At the moment, though, we’re miles apart and the quality of their strikers, in particular, can make a massive difference.” 

• Upvote 1