You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This momo stuff

Bjornebye

I was reading about that boy on Bute & apparently he was playing some game called 'Slender Man' where some bogey man cunt takes wee girls into the woods, then rapes & murders them.

I used to be quite happy with Sensible Soccer & Street Fighter when I was a kid.

I know this Momo isn't a computer game but some of the stuff they're coming up with at the moment isn't exactly heartwarming is it, fucking oddballs.

• Upvote 1

Slender man is just an online urban legend. There's a game based on it where you to run around a forest to avoid being caught by him.  It's a jump scare program basically, and a deliberately creepy story, but won't have had any impact on the Bute situation at all.  Sounds like a standard tabloid reach to blame video games, rather than face broader societal issues.

This sounds like a different kettle of fish entirely, like someone's purposely tried to industrialise cyber bullying. Hope they catch the cunt.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Slender man is just an online urban legend. There's a game based on it where you to run around a forest to avoid being caught by him.  It's a jump scare program basically, and a deliberately creepy story, but won't have had any impact on the Bute situation at all.  Sounds like a standard tabloid reach to blame video games, rather than face broader societal issues.

This sounds like a different kettle of fish entirely, like someone's purposely tried to industrialise cyber bullying. Hope they catch the cunt.

Thanks, I didn't read the whole article to be fair, just saw that synopsis & thought to myself 'What the fuck?'.

This Momo thing sounds like a great excuse for me to ban our lad from watching Blippi on YouTube so it gets a thumbs up from me.

All sounds a bit Suicide Club.

Slenderman is creepy pasta, and was born, quite brilliantly, on the Create A Paranormal Image thread on the Sometiing Awful forums. Well worth a look for the birth of a legend.

Sure I read a piece from an university professor somewhere saying it was the first time they’d been able to study something from inception to it slipping into folklore.

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

All sounds a bit Suicide Club.

Slenderman is creepy pasta, and was born, quite brilliantly, on the Create A Paranormal Image thread on the Sometiing Awful forums. Well worth a look for the birth of a legend.

Sure I read a piece from an university professor somewhere saying it was the first time they’d been able to study something from inception to it slipping into folklore.

He's got his work cut out scaring Lifey.

Image result for burnt pasta

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Hopefully if anything it’s a wake up call to any parents out there who just give a device to a kid and let them roam the internet unsupervised.

Am I being wrongly defeatist in thinking that once your kids reach an age and stage where you can’t reasonably be with them 24 hours a day they’re potentially going to be exposed to information that will give them the means to access all kinds of stuff online without you having any way of knowing what they’re up to?

My, possibly naive, hope was always that you’d helped them develop internal boundaries so that they had no interest in pursuing these more sinister pathways 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Are these actually frequent or is it like once every 50,000 videos?

I'm not sure but if 6/7 year old kids believe that Peppa Pig is real then the chances are many will believe this. I have felt weird all day after seeing it. The fuckers are instructing kids to cut their own throat or sneak down to the kitchen and turn the gas on the stove in the middle of the night. 

3 hours ago, Juniper said:

Hopefully if anything it’s a wake up call to any parents out there who just give a device to a kid and let them roam the internet unsupervised.

Agreed.

The net, phones, tablets etc are doing massive damage to this generation if you ask me. Teachers at a school we visited a while back were saying a lot of the kids were having mental health problems because of basic neglect due to parents constantly being glued to screens.

It's a seriously fucking weird time to be alive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Champ said:

Am I being wrongly defeatist in thinking that once your kids reach an age and stage where you can’t reasonably be with them 24 hours a day they’re potentially going to be exposed to information that will give them the means to access all kinds of stuff online without you having any way of knowing what they’re up to?

My, possibly naive, hope was always that you’d helped them develop internal boundaries so that they had no interest in pursuing these more sinister pathways 

I see what you’re saying Champ.

My point’s more about an ever increasing  amount of very young kids using tablets/mobile devices. See it often in town/people on journeys....etc

Often see kids sat in pushchairs holding them!

Not to mention kids having access at home/on TVs to YouTube...etc where they can see anything without much control. 

Hopefully this news is a wake up call for those parents that need it. 

38 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

That picture has been doing the rounds online for ages. Funnily enough my missus mentioned it to me today. It's similar to the whale game thing encouraging kids to hurt themselves or others. 

Scouse Ma on Twitter re-tweeted a video of it earlier saying her kids would knock fuck out of Momo or something. Thats probably why it has gained traction in Liverpool today? Either way its a cunt.