You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going for a piss through the night

Sugar Ape

How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Last few months I've also started to need a piss again within five minutes of having one. I make sure I'm done, then need another one soon after and have a full piss again. The fuck is that all aboot?

I've had this as a stress symptom too but I'd go the docs if I were you as it could be prostatitis. Easily treated. 

Working shifts fucks with the plumbing too apparently. 

Usually about twice. Can be more depending on how late I've had something to drink. No trouble getting back to sleep though - just play a YouTube reading of a story at very low level and I drift off like a baby. Dogmen Encounters episodes also work well, as you listen to Vic Cundiff interview some backwoods redneck about their imaginary encounter with a dogman. I don't think I've ever gone past 10 minutes before I'm asleep.

I fire out a thick yellow cable at least once a night and have done for ages. Could be a sign of age, more likely a sign that you need a piss. 

If everyone drank the recommended 2.5 litres of water a day, we'd all be pissing 4 times a night. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

I fire out a thick yellow cable at least once a night and have done for ages. Could be a sign of age, more likely a sign that you need a piss. 

If everyone drank the recommended 2.5 litres of water a day, we'd all be pissing 4 times a night. 

I drink at least 3 litres a day. I piss constantly all day but am not too bad at night.

12 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Not necessarily, I drink water all day but stop after I've had my tea so the pissing generally stops about 9pm.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I've had this as a stress symptom too but I'd go the docs if I were you as it could be prostatitis. Easily treated. 

Working shifts fucks with the plumbing too apparently. 

Same. I've had a few periods in the past 5 years where I start needing to piss again straight after I take a piss and it never feels like I can empty my bladder. It usually lasted about 2 weeks and then it would go away. Like you say, a bizarre stress symptom but I deduced that because of my age. If I was 40, I'd 100% go see a doctor.  

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I can easily go four or five pints without a piss when I’m on the ale but once I’ve gone for the first time I’m fucked and have to go about once a pint.

Same. I reckon I've got around an 8 pint bladder but once that seal's broken it's a case of 1 in  and 1 out.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Same. I've had a few periods in the past 5 years where I start needing to piss again straight after I take a piss and it never feels like I can empty my bladder. It usually lasted about 2 weeks and then it would go away. Like you say, a bizarre stress symptom but I deduced that because of my age. If I was 40, I'd 100% go see a doctor.  

Apparently we piss and shit a lot when we're stressed because our body wants to keep the weight down to a minimum in case we need to run from a predator.

You want to try the symptons for diabetes if you really want to experience pissing at night time. 

Before it was picked up for 3 or 4 nights i was pissing over 4 pints a night, waking up taking a piss,drinking as i was beyond thirsty, rinse and repeat all night. Its the body trying to emergency flush the glucose. Smells like you are pissing a bowl of sugar puffs

10 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Three times in the last week I've had to go for a piss through the night. My mrs goes at least twice usually but normally I'm fine, however I've been waking up with a massive urge to go and can't get back asleep once I've been. Fucking pain in the arse.

Is this the start of old age? Is this how it began for you Stringy when you had to go the outhouse through the night?

This needs a poll.

Nothing to do with age, it's all to do with being a fat cunt.  No midnight pissing for me any more.  And I do have a poo every morning at 7.30 regular as clockwork.  Trouble is I don't wake up until 8.

• Upvote 4