You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going for a piss through the night

Sugar Ape

How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average

If you're worried about your prostrate then go the quacks and get a blood test. They can pick up the cancer markers . Most men get enlargement of the prostrate as they get older and find they are pissing more often in the night. In most cases its nothing to be alarmed about but ffs get it checked if .

• Upvote 2

Once a night without fail. It's fine if it's the middle of the night when it happens, I quite like the feeling of knowing I can get a few more hours kip. But its a cunt when it happens an hour before my alarm is due to go off and I can't get back to sleep then

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

You want to try the symptons for diabetes if you really want to experience pissing at night time. 

Before it was picked up for 3 or 4 nights i was pissing over 4 pints a night, waking up taking a piss,drinking as i was beyond thirsty, rinse and repeat all night. Its the body trying to emergency flush the glucose. Smells like you are pissing a bowl of sugar puffs

Been doing this for years but no Diabetes,or Sugar Puff smell. My Dad was a type 1 diabetic too. Been checked out by at least half a dozen urologists and an endrocrinologist and nobody has a clue. Fuckin useless.

22 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Three times in the last week I've had to go for a piss through the night. My mrs goes at least twice usually but normally I'm fine, however I've been waking up with a massive urge to go and can't get back asleep once I've been. Fucking pain in the arse.

Is this the start of old age? Is this how it began for you Stringy when you had to go the outhouse through the night?

This needs a poll.

Depends how many ales youv'e had before you retire

• 2 months later...

Missed this thread first time around. Had a tonne of stress/depression last three years (referenced it on the depression thread) and with that a tonne load of weight, fatigue and night pissing at regular intervals. Had some blood tests at my GPs and been called back as have a diagnosis for Type 2 Diabetes, which is probably no surprise although adverse to the warning signs. Not quite sure what entails or happens next as not researched. My trouble is I have been trying to keep everyone else strong with little thought to my own condition.

• Upvote 2

Serious point here. I am reading book on sleep and one of the points made is that having interrupted sleep getting up in a drowsy state and going to toilet to relieve bladder is in fact very dangerous and causes multiple injuries and in some cases fatalities. Now obviously the in danger demographic is older people however it is the light headedness you get when your bladder is relieved that causes the problem (and the fact we piss in dark at night) and dizzyness effect gets worse if we hang on until we are right busting. So in interests of safety I always sit to piss during night. 

https://m.health24.com/Medical/Sleep/News/Why-do-some-men-faint-when-they-urinate-at-night-20141124

Im also one of them that will lye there when needing a piss and not get up and go as the whole process seems similarly challenging to climbing Everest.

Weirdly Im like that if Im thirsty in the night as well.

Wake up, thinks:

"could murder a gulp of water"

Big glass of water within approx 50cm

"Nah, far too much effort, would much rather lay here really needing a drink for the next 2 hours.      

• Upvote 1

It’s because I know reaching for my glass and having a swig or going for a piss wakes me up entirely, rather than staying in that neither fully awake or asleep, eyes tightly closed blurry no-man’s-land between the two.

If I could just accept taking the hit on half an hour or whatever to get back to sleep, I’d gain an hour and a half fully nodded off rather than two lying there dazed in denial and being knackered when I get up.

Every morning I make the same observation to myself and every night I do exactly the fucking same.

• Upvote 1

I have to take a bottle of water to bed with me instead of a glass after waking up last summer and having a big swig of juice, then looking into the glass after I had swallowed and seeing a fucking massive dead spider curled up and floating at the top.

Made me proper paranoid now. Honestly it was huge, approximately the size of @Bjornebye‘s cock, that is to say between one and two inches long.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I have to take a bottle of water to bed with me instead of a glass after waking up last summer and having a big swig of juice, then looking into the glass after I had swallowed and seeing a fucking massive dead spider curled up and floating at the top.

Made me proper paranoid now. Honestly it was huge, approximately the size of @Bjornebye‘s cock, that is to say between one and two inches long.

That wasn't a spider you cheeky cunt.

It was an ant. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

You bastard. I’ve got a plastic water bottle with a spout. I drink shit loads of water through the night but last night I was shining my phone on the bottle before I took a sip. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You bastard. I’ve got a plastic water bottle with a spout. I drink shit loads of water through the night but last night I was shining my phone on the bottle before I took a sip. 

Have to get a bottle with a cap on it. Not worth taking the risk of swallowing a spider. Especially since it might not be dead and could lay eggs in your stomach. 

AA23EF20-E32A-4442-9E78-CED8530046F3.gif