Quantcast
Rodgers to Leicester - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Ne Moe Imya

Rodgers to Leicester

John PercyVerified account @JPercyTelegraph 11m11 minutes ago

Talks progressing between #lcfc and Celtic over a move to appoint Brendan Rodgers as manager now. Official approach was made on Monday

Despite my distaste for him personally, the Brodge is a decent manager and I think this is a good move for him. Leicester have been building an excellent young core of players and are well-positioned along with Wolves to be the "best-of-the-rest" after the big six for a few years. If he can keep his paws off the buying/selling of players and just stick to coaching and managing the teams he's given, he could do well there (for a couple of years, at least, which is all managerial tenures seem to last these days).

If he can keep his paws off the buying/selling of players and just stick to coaching and managing the teams he's given

And if he doesn't write off players he's been given because they weren't his picks...

5 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

And if he doesn't write off players he's been given because they weren't his picks...

That will be the big test of how this is going to go IMO.

If he can show that he's learned something from how it all fell apart here and during his time at Celtic, then he has a chance to do really well there. If he's still the same ego-driven manager who will freeze a player out in the cold because he wasn't who he wanted, well, then Leicester are in for a rough couple of years.

I do think they have a pretty good squad, though. I could see Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison becoming a really good midfield under Rodgers.

35 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Their second last game is away to City so would be nice if he did us a favour. 

Wouldn’t be putting your house on that, Robbie.

Just now, Anubis said:

Wouldn’t be putting your house on that, Robbie.

Nah but it would be following a pattern after Rafa and Hodgson did one for us. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’m quite shocked how quickly this has moved, I thought if he had moved it would have been at the end of the season.

Not really.

Leicester are proving to be right trigger-fingered shithouses in the Manager-go-round game.

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

(Scene: Brendan Rodgers' house. Brendan sitting at computer.)

Email: To Ian Ayre

Subject: I'm back in the big time.

Stig will be coming for you.....

I think it's the right move for him, but I'm not sure it's necessary for him to take the job immediately. The club isn't in danger of relegation I don't think, as there are at least 3 teams a lot worse than them, and they aren't in contention for a European place. It would be better for them to install a caretaker manager to see out the rest of the season, and then refresh things in the summer. Leicester have the sort of players Rodgers could get a tune out of in an attacking sense, plus a blend of youth and experience in defence and midfield. There's no Europe to muddle things (and he always gets in a muddle when there's a midweek European fixture) either.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Moreno, Lallana, Lovren, and Mignolet would be great additions to that Leicester squad. Wonderful human beings.

An excellent suggestion, in full. With Maddison and Choudry in exchange.

If he takes them down next season (or even this, you never know) I'll shit a lung laughing!

A bluffer and a cunt, I'm still sickened he ever got near to Liverpool.

We replaced our greatest ever with That!! Sheesh!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I hope he does well when he's not playing us.

Shows the Catch-22 Celtic are in though - completely blitz domestic competition, but can't attract (or won't pay) for the players required to make real inroads in the European Cup the following year, cue their manager leaving for a mid-table English side.  I guess the Ajax situation is a bit similar too, when you compare where they are now to before.

I can't understand why he didn't stay at Celtic winning meaningless trophies with a transfer budget of 5-10 million a year. Anyway Leicester, lock your semi attractive secretaries up, Brendan's on the prowl.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

If he takes them down next season (or even this, you never know) I'll shit a lung laughing!

A bluffer and a cunt, I'm still sickened he ever got near to Liverpool.

We replaced our greatest ever with That!! Sheesh!

Yip

31 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Moreno, Lallana, Lovren, and Mignolet would be great additions to that Leicester squad. Wonderful human beings.

Time to get out the brown envelopes and give Rodgers a call Redknapp-style. "If you buy Moreno for £10m we'll make sure you get six figures out of it."

Walking away now and not in the summer is stupid. On-course for another treble and seeing off the Gerrard/r*ngers turnaround would be his greatest achievement in Football. 

That said, the Celtic board are and have been cunts for years. Tight as arse-holes. Didn't back him in the summer when the other lot were spending for fun and brought in a couple of loanees in January to 'appease' the supporters. 

Shame O'Neil has taken the Forest job because he would have been a better pick than Lennon. 

Gutted.