You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers to Leicester

Ne Moe Imya

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Bob only won 19 trophies in nine seasons. It's difficult to argue he might have been a better manager than Hodgson.

Anyone who counts the Charity Shield or the European Super Cup as trophies should be thrown out of a plane without a parachute.

You can celebrate the Charity Shield like David Moyes if you want to

Bob Paisley in 9 years

3 European Cups

6 League Titles

3 League Cups

1 EUFA Cup

So 13 trophies in 9 years.  And in an era when it was much more of a level playing field in terms of finances and hence victory went to the best and not those owned by dubious countries

1 hour ago, redheart said:

Anyone who counts the Charity Shield or the European Super Cup as trophies should be thrown out of a plane without a parachute.

You can celebrate the Charity Shield like David Moyes if you want to

Bob Paisley in 9 years

3 European Cups

6 League Titles

3 League Cups

1 EUFA Cup

So 13 trophies in 9 years.  And in an era when it was much more of a level playing field in terms of finances and hence victory went to the best and not those owned by dubious countries

HEY ! 

Houllier still yaps on about his seven trophy season or how many it was. He almost won the cuckoo clock cup trophy aswell. 

I agree none of that super cup, charity shield, world club cup etc. counts as trophies. They are glorified training matches. Nothing else.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Leicester fans know how to make posters...

35127c43-0de9-4396-a9e3-929a6e3302d1.jpg

I'm impressed with this man's work. Quick turnaround, given that he could only have prepared it yesterday.

• He's chosen well with the landscape layout option, and the text layout is absolutely perfect.
  • Bit of cheekiness with the double exclamation mark on line 2, but I think in this case he gets away with it
  • The full stop after FOXES NEVER QUIT gives that element a bluntness and finality
  • Nice fox graphic
  • If I could be picky, personally I'd have lightened it with a little Comic Sans and laminated it for rigidity (I note that one corner is already frayed)
  • Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

HEY ! 

Houllier still yaps on about his seven trophy season or how many it was. He almost won the cuckoo clock cup trophy aswell. 

I agree none of that super cup, charity shield, world club cup etc. counts as trophies. They are glorified training matches. Nothing else.

To be fair, winning the UEFA Cup, FA

Cup and League Cup in 2000/01 was quite something. Ridiculous that some fans turn their noses up at these trophies, nowadays.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be fair, winning the UEFA Cup, FA

Cup and League Cup in 2000/01 was quite something. Ridiculous that some fans turn their noses up at these trophies, nowadays.

I don't turn my nose up at those cups, they are real trophies. But the charity shield, european super cup, the world club cup and the cuckoo club trophy are nothing but glorified training matches in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Can we offload lellana and Sturridge do you reckon?

Definitely. He signed Lazar Markovic and Fabio Borini. Or maybe he was just doing a Hodgson on us?

Shithouse move leaving Celtic with 2 months of the season to go. Could have at least stayed then left on good terms with the fans and let Celtic look for a manager. Or were the Celtic board that desperate for the  £8m?. 

Can't see him doing much there and he will probably get sacked within 18 months. Just hope he takes Lallana and maybe Lovren before he gets bonfired.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Shithouse move leaving Celtic with 2 months of the season to go. Could have at least stayed then left on good terms with the fans and let Celtic look for a manager. Or were the Celtic board that desperate for the  £8m?. 

Can't see him doing much there and he will probably get sacked within 18 months. Just hope he takes Lallana and maybe Lovren before he gets bonfired.

With the greed in that boardroom I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushed a bit but ultimately, he has acted a cunt about the whole thing. I reckon this was a done deal weeks ago.