You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers to Leicester

Ne Moe Imya

Lennon will get it till the end of the season. If he secures the treble he will no doubt keep the job. Fucking timing of Rodgers going though. Hearts away tomorrow in the league then Hibs away in the Scottish Cup Q/F on Saturday.... 

No doubt Moyes will be throwing has hat at the club. I love Lennon but I'd like Larsson to get the job. The lift it would give the club would be unreal and he could even play himself and probably still score 48 between now and the end of the season. 

If Rodgers has anything about him he will come out in his first press conference and call out Peter Lawell and the rest of the Celtic board for the cunts that they are. The fucking money that club makes is unreal yet it his barely ever invested in the squad. Can imagine Rodgers in January "Listen we badly need a new CB and could do with a striker with Griffiths being away from the team" "Sorry Brendan we have just spent 6 million quid on the new light-show for before the game" 

Fuck OFF!!!!! 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Q If he does well he gets another shot at a top 6 premier league club. 

And if he doesn't do well...I'm not sure where he goes. He's not a pragmatist in the Allardyce mould, so he won't be firefighting at struggling clubs. He'll need somewhere that'll indulge him in his 'vision'. And there ain't too many of those around. It's a big gamble, all right.

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

And if he doesn't do well...I'm not sure where he goes. He's not a pragmatist in the Allardyce mould, so he won't be firefighting at struggling clubs. He'll need somewhere that'll indulge him in his 'vision'. And there ain't too many of those around. It's a big gamble, all right.

Exactly. Not sure what going to Leicester does for any young managers career. He would have to perform another miracle to get properly recognised by another big club. By miracle I don't mean winning the league but at least a top 6 and a domestic cup/europa league run. 

He also has a rebuilding job there on his hands because their best players are all getting on now. Once I've got over him leaving (which will happen if Celtic can win the next 2 games) then I'll wish him well. In-fact, I won't be arsed either way. 3 fucking months and he would have cemented a legacy at Celtic. In reality (and I can't believe I'm saying this) he has won 2 back to back trebles when the only real threats were from Hearts and Aberdeen. The challenge for him (a far bigger challenge than getting 8th/9th with Leicester) would be keeping the other lot at arms length and not letting the Gerrard effect derail 10 in a row. Yes he left 8 points clear at the top with a league cup in the bag and a scottish cup q/f on the way but fucking hell. Celtic are a far bigger club than Leicester but unfortunately the Premier League is the biggest draw on the planet. Is it greed? Not too sure, is it stupidity? Yes it fucking is. 

• Upvote 1

What did he once say? Something like 'Young players will run through a barbed wire fence for you but older ones will look for the holes'. That kind of tosh. Anyway, he likes malleable, impressionable players, and yet he's going to manage a squad who've proven themselves to be so inflexible and set in their ways they just down tools if they can't play exactly how they want to play. So he'll have to get rid of quite a few before he can start with the JFK/David Brent-style speeches. Madison's a good player, I guess he can build a team around him. But it's going to be an eventful summer.

• Upvote 2