You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) 27/2/19

Bjornebye

Trent is so fucking boss, not a RB in the world i'd even entertain swapping him for, what a fantastic player he is the way he hits a ball is just fucking gorgeous. Fabinho was terrific absolutely bossed the middle of the park, proving to be a great signing. Great to see Virgil notch twice, floodgates open now please he could be a 6 or 7 goal a season player. Mane's fucking great isn't he, great fucking header and that backheel was absolutely sublime. Well played Div, positive used the ball well and the third goal was an important one. Great day at the office, well done Reds.

• Upvote 4

Always thought Mané was Suarez-lite in that he should given a free role to wreck havoc. He's extremely physically gifted and chaotic in that Suarez sense of being unpredictable, he probably doesn't know what he'll do next. Playing a disciplined game doesn't really suit him. Hope he kicks on from this. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Just a word for Sadio. 

He never seems to get the love that Mo & Bobby do and he can be massively frustrating with his movement & passing , but goals-wise he has basically kept us ahead in the title race on his own over the past 6 weeks or so.

Speak for yourself, I love the weirdo.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

But goals-wise he has basically kept us ahead in the title race on his own over the past 6 weeks or so.

He's got a fairly high first goalscorer tally. 

So effectively if the rest of the team do their jobs well enough then we win the game. 

Can't ask for much more from a man. 

Mané should have more of his shite first touches in the box if it leads to goals like that. Some of his play when he's got time to think can be iffy but as others have said above he's carried us since the beginning of January. Needs some more recognition for that.

And if I missed injury news on the weekend I apologise, but why didn't Trent play against the Mancs? He was sensational last night.

19 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Mané should have more of his shite first touches in the box if it leads to goals like that. Some of his play when he's got time to think can be iffy but as others have said above he's carried us since the beginning of January. Needs some more recognition for that.

And if I missed injury news on the weekend I apologise, but why didn't Trent play against the Mancs? He was sensational last night.

Sure he was recovering from injury but was on the bench. Shame he didn’t come on.

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Big lanky Joel has been better than a lot of us feared recently.

He has been very solid for the most part.

I'd still have VVD and a fit Gomez as our first choice pair, but I think Matip's made a case that he's as good an option as Lovren.

4 hours ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Trent is so fucking boss, not a RB in the world i'd even entertain swapping him for, what a fantastic player he is the way he hits a ball is just fucking gorgeous. Fabinho was terrific absolutely bossed the middle of the park, proving to be a great signing. Great to see Virgil notch twice, floodgates open now please he could be a 6 or 7 goal a season player. Mane's fucking great isn't he, great fucking header and that backheel was absolutely sublime. Well played Div, positive used the ball well and the third goal was an important one. Great day at the office, well done Reds.

TAA Fantastic crosser, but I reckon AR has improved massively, and also falls into the fantastic crosser bracket. 
Great having them coming from both sides -  a la VVD's goals

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Luckypool v Watford. Last nights’s match thread title on a Watford forum.

This little gem from Stuboy kinda puts things in perspective. We're quite lucky not having to support shite.

The main thing that upsets me after all this is goal difference. All I ever wish for is a positive one. If we finished bottom with a positive GD I would be content.

Mane is a level above Firmino  -- Firmino is a good player who provides a lot of graft, but very seldom has that 'spark' which suggests he's as indispensable as Sadio and Salah. Mane is, or at the very least is approaching, a top-5 wide player in the world: he's a better goal scorer than Eden Hazard, and provides far more defensive work to the team.

Trent when absent is missed enormously from the team. The sheer athleticism .. he's Gerrard-lite in a number of ways, but given Gerrard is one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game its no disgrace if he never gets close to that level. That said - he's irreplaceable for us. He's 20 and if he stays fit, he's going to be a monster of a player as he goes up through the gears in the coming years.

Get Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Robertson, Wij & Fabinho on the pitch together and you're back to one of the greatest defensive units our domestic game has ever seen (the numbers don't lie).

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Luckypool v Watford. Last nights’s match thread title on a Watford forum.

We are lucky to support Liverpool, they're unlucky to support Watford, that's it. A fair few of their fans acknowledge we're worlds apart, some though enjoy their everton esque world of delusion.

It's always an education visiting rival fans forums, especially the ones of the 'they come not to play' variety. I've often wondered how they enjoy watching such drivel week in and week out. Mental impairment or delusion on a massive scale seem to be the answers in most cases.