You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) Sun 24/2/19

Bjornebye

After now chilling out the frustrating thing for me is how typical it was. Before the game people mentioned our forwards not turning up and running into blind alleys. I could almost believe in that law of attraction bollocks it's like we always end up being exactly what we fear. Nobody can be too surprised by that performance. 

4 points from United a season is happy days, just felt like we let ourselves down today and them off the hook.

53 minutes ago, J-V said:

The mongs will still be talking of us winning the thing when we're 4 points behind with one game left to play.  Par for the course on here.

What like saying we have no chance with loads of games to go even though we are still top. Fuck off you absolute shithouse. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Revenge negging cunt said:

Salah isn't even close to being good enough 

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Premiership top scorer last season and currently joint top this season. You must be trolling.

Elite, I think that poster above is actually a parody account mate. 

10 minutes ago, Revenge negging cunt said:

Salah isn't even close to being good enough 

He's tightly marked every game and still a matchwinner on plenty of occasions. It's up to the other players to take advantage of the space left. Coutinho in the first half of last season was on fire, his ability to shoot opened space for Salah. The midfielders could also step in to the void, Keita is an enormous disappointment.

• Upvote 1

Over a quarter of the season left, or a bit less than a third if you like.

All to play for, things can happen, things can change, we are in a great place.

We are one point ahead of the costliest assembled squad of all time who ran away with the league last season. Onwards and where we are thanks.

Would have taken a point before the game so happy enough with that. 

Title in our hands now with that cunt of a game out of the way.   It's gone if Firmino misses many games though.   

Being able to just buy a gram of grass with my coffee has made it quite easy to be chilled about it all. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Would have taken a point before the game so happy enough with that. 

Title in our hands now with that cunt of a game out of the way.   It's gone if Firmino misses many games though.   

Being able to just buy a gram of grass with my coffee has made it quite easy to be chilled about it all. 

Schmoke and no complaint!

• Upvote 1

Just woke up to news of the result, and the press narrative about galactic baddies Liverpool being held by a plucky Utd side ravaged by injuries and full of reserves, kids and canteen staff. Despite there being a plethora of world stars throughout their side, not least the one time most expensive player in the world.

God I fucking hate the media.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So, we're top of the table, having played all of the good teams away (and most of them home, too). And we're disappointed because we're only the one point clear.

Every single team in England wants to be where we are now.

Enjoy it.

Nope.  I'm disappointed because we've only won one of the last four league games, taking three points from twelve and blowing a substantial lead.   It should be all over by now, but we've fucked it up and now the lead is puny with eleven games left.  I've watched us toil for 180+ minutes this week without troubling the scoreboard and now Firmino is injured.  I'm concerned that in the next few games or so our massive one point lead will be gone and I'm pissed off. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I'm not worried about Everton. They're shit. The fans better turn up for the games against Spurs and Chelsea though. Every home game from now on needs to be treated like a semi final Champions League game at Anfield.

Or treated like the mancs treated today.

Yes they are horrible cunts - but they got behind their side big time today...all around the ground as well not just one end.

Shithouses of course had to get their snide Hillsborough songs in (twats) but the noise levels and backing was loads better than anything i've heard at Anfield this season and that is a bad reflection on us as fans - the crowd have got to up their game, we might not get this close again for a while....Anfield should be a bearpit for every game. Fuck the nerves (we know it transmits to players) 5 or 6 games at home where the famous 12th man needs to step up 

Am I correct in my summation that winning all our remaining games means we win the title?

I can feel a patch of form coming on. A loss today would have left us crestfallen but right now we are hungry for more. We can win this.

Keep believing. 

I would have taken this result before the start of the game. But come on guys, the Mancs had surrendered already when three players dropped out when the game began. And three of their top players at that! And Liverpool continue playing sideways and backward, instead of pouring forward in droves and try to beat a Scum side waiting to be beaten. I don't fucking believe that. 

Ashley Young took a full 2 minutes over every free kick, DeGea just as long on the goalkicks. Michael Oliver adds on 2 minutes injury time. Fuming at the time until I realised our lads were happy to fanny about with for the last 60 seconds with no urgency at all.

• Like 1