You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) Sun 24/2/19

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

My missus was in labour back in 2009, we made our way to the Womens Hospital not long after our game against them finished 4-1, then came the arrival of my son. What a day.

My missus unexpectedly went into labour during a party. Three weeks early. I was seriously pished at the time.

I still remember the mother-in-law wartching at the window, tears in her eyes - as her daughter drove herself to hospital in labour pains, with me lolling about in the passenger seat grinning and trying but failing to stick the seatbelt in something. 

It went from bad to worse as I wore a bedpan as a stetson - in my drunken state I thought the humour might lessen  the pains of labour (<sigh> - i know).

Then I used up all the gas & air.

We don't speak much about that day to be honest. 

Not footy related but |I thought I'd share anyway.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

My missus unexpectedly went into labour during a party. Three weeks early. I was seriously pished at the time.

I still remember the mother-in-law wartching at the window, tears in her eyes - as her daughter drove herself to hospital in labour pains, with me lolling about in the passenger seat grinning and trying but failing to stick the seatbelt in something. 

It went from bad to worse as I wore a bedpan as a stetson - in my drunken state I thought the humour might lessen  the pains of labour (<sigh> - i know).

Then I used up all the gas & air.

We don't speak much about that day to be honest. 

Not footy related but |I thought I'd share anyway.

Maybe we need a blokes pregnancy story thread. I feel like we have a lot to share. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/339062-manchester-united-v-liverpool-team-news

Virgil van Dijk returns to Liverpool duty for Sunday's Premier League showdown with Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The Netherlands captain missed the midweek Champions League draw against Bayern Munich due to suspension but is in line to reclaim a spot in central defence.

Dejan Lovren (hamstring) remains sidelined but Xherdan Shaqiri's condition has improved after a minor abdominal strain limited his preparation for the meeting with Bayern.

"Dejan is not in, Joe [Gomez] is not in, but I think pretty much all the rest are in training at least," said Jürgen Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

"Rhian Brewster is still only in little parts [of training], Ox in bigger parts but not ready to play. The rest have trained and will train with us, but there is still a little bit of time.

"We thought if we needed [Shaqiri] for 10 or 15 minutes [against Bayern] we could bring him at least. Now he is another five or six days in training, which always helps."

Klopp also reported that Liverpool are in their best shape, in terms of the depth of options throughout the team, 'for a couple of weeks'.

"We have to make a choice between midfielders, full-backs, even centre-half if I think about Fabinho again in that position," added the boss. "I could make a decision about it. That's good. For us, it's a good moment."

An appearance for Jordan Henderson would be the 300th of his career in the Premier League and 400th in all club competitions.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, Creator Supreme said:

It's going to be a car crash, all 99 minutes of it!

City on Sunday could become the first team to effectively win 2 competitions on the same day!

Because if they are level with us on points and games played, then we're out of it?

• Upvote 2