You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) Sun 24/2/19

Bjornebye

Massive. Huge. Win this and we are favourites for the title again. We are fitter, smarter and better than them. yeah they are on form and will be bang up for this but I trust in Jurgen to have us more up for it. We aren't playing at our best, lets hope this is the catalyst so we can finish the season in style. 

I hate these fucking bastards 

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I miss Trumo's puns and cryptic titles for these match threads. Get creative Stig.

Its too important for that. When we are back to loitering in 5th place then yeah someone can start a thread that has a slightly funny title. The equilibrium Vlad.... think about it. 

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I miss Trumo's puns and cryptic titles for these match threads. Get creative Stig.

For this one, I'd have gone with

Man Utd (A) - Sun 24th Feb 2019, 2:05pm - Ole Ole Ole vs Allez Allez Allez

You have the opponent, whether it's a home or away match, the day, the date AND the kick-off time, plus a topical little note that sets the scene.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 3

Hate this fixture. The worst thing will be if we lose Carra will be like a demented hyena going on about bottle bla bla bla and Neville will be sat there smugly saying City are favourites and Spurs are in the race too.

Worst case scenario: we lose. At least one less horrible game and city have to go there. City will drop points somewhere as well.

Decent scenario: we draw. City have to go there and we are a point ahead with 11 games to go.

Amazing scenario: we win this and i think it will bring us number 19.

I would love a 0-0. This season we have come just short in most big away games (city,psg and napoli). I think we will draw this one. They will miss martial and lingard and hendo for all his faults will stifle pogba.

• Upvote 1

The toughest game we have left but if there's ever a time and place to make a statement and to unsettle our title rivals then this it.

I was concerned by what I saw of them at Chelsea.  In my head I thought they might go for an open game with us but that defensive counter attacking game from the other night is exactly how they'll look to play us.  We need to be on our game big time to get a good result I reckon.

Why the fuck is the wind so loud? Is it a combo of leaves blowing with dust, causing some sort of sky orchestra? Banging and whirling in a clash of styles, fighting for space and existence. What is the reason for this omnidirectional whistle? Will it continue to splay with such velocity that it pushes wigs off the heads of unsuspecting octogenarians? What is it? Is it real? Is it a dream? Is it luminous? Is it brown?

We're fuckin shite.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hate this fixture. The worst thing will be if we lose Carra will be like a demented hyena going on about bottle bla bla bla and Neville will be sat there smugly saying City are favourites and Spurs are in the race too.

Worst case scenario: we lose. At least one less horrible game and city have to go there. City will drop points somewhere as well.

Decent scenario: we draw. City have to go there and we are a point ahead with 11 games to go.

Amazing scenario: we win this and i think it will bring us number 19.

I would love a 0-0. This season we have come just short in most big away games (city,psg and napoli). I think we will draw this one. They will miss martial and lingard and hendo for all his faults will stifle pogba.

Yeah I can't be arsed with this either. 

I reckon we will dominate but be useless infront of goal and they will hit us on the break a couple of times. Punished. 

C'mon lads optimism is great but an almost must win game at old Trafford against a United side we are miles better than but who if they win can go on and say you lost the league at united, it's got defeat written all over it. It's how we roll. It's the Liverpool way, year after year.

30 years of the football gods kicking us in the bollocks. I'm shaped by the inevitability of it all. 

Ahhh felt good to get the shithousery off my chest.