You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 2-8 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Feb 2:

Gomez is having an op. There’s no timescale on his return but he is expected to play again this season. Yeah, heard that before so I’ll take it with a pinch of salt. What the fuck has gone on here? History repeating itself, that’s what. Last season he got injured, it was mis-diagnosed and it caused him to miss the run to the Champions League Final and also robbed him of a place at the World Cup. 

Same thing has happened here. He was meant to be back already, but someone got it wrong and now he’s having a fucking operation and we’re stuck with Big Bird from Sesame Street playing alongside Van Dijk because of course Lovren is injured again too.

We’ll be playing against Bayern Munich with Big Bird and Fabinho in the middle of the back four. Can’t wait.

Sunday Feb 3:

City cruise to a 3-1 win against Arsenal. Can’t say I’m shocked by the scoreline but I didn’t expect Arsenal to be as bad as they were. I thought they’d have a go but that their awful defending would prove their undoing. I was half right. Their defending was staggeringly shit but they didn’t even have a go. No shots in the second half. Fucking shitbags.

Don’t expect Chelsea to do anything next week either, or Spurs when they go there. If City drop points it will be to someone you least expect it to be. They’ll be zoned in against Chelsea and Spurs. Chelsea got beat 4-0 at Bournemouth last week and the players have quit on Sarri. On paper Spurs could give City a game, but on grass they never do.

Bad day all around really as United won as well. Nine wins from ten for the Goblin now, but one man isn’t impressed as Paul Ince says “I could have done what Solskjaer has done”. Yeah, course you could. Fucking hell.

Solskjaer might’t be the greatest tactical manager in the world and what he’s done there might just be as straightforward as simply playing the best players in their best positions and allowing them to express themselves, but you know what Solskjaer is not doing? He’s not stood on the touchline with a little notepad, writing the word “SHOOT!” on it.

So pipe down, guv’nor.

Over the pond tonight we saw the worst Superbowl in living memory as the hated Patriots won again. Their opponents were the Stan Kroenke owned LA Rams, who thoroughly embarrassed themselves with a pitiful showing. Kroenke should be used to such gutless displays though as he also owns Arsenal.

Worse than the Patriots winning was having to see Harry Kane’s slobbering gob on TV. He was over there watching the game, and of course he’s a Patriots fan. I’d have been staggered if he wasn’t, the front running, glory hunting twat. The only surprise is he din’t somehow end up on the field claiming the MVP award.

Southgate was there too, as was… wait for it…. David Moyes. Ok, time out here. The Superbowl is always referred to as ‘the greatest show on earth’ and tickets for it are like gold dust. You generally have to be a somebody to go to a Superbowl. At least that’s how it used to be. Letting that deadbeat Moyes in there changes everything. It’s lost all credibility.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• dave u pinned this topic

''Rafa could get eleven lads from the crowd, spend a week training them up and still not concede six goals.''

Lovely stuff.

Everton are in trouble - maybe not this season, but next. Do they stick with a shit manager, or do they risk getting someone else in but at the same time become one of those clubs who hire and fire every 6 months? Because - unless you're Chelsea - those clubs all go one way - through the trapdoor to the lower leagues. 

• Upvote 1

Wow Dave mentioning that Evra event brought back some horrible memories...

I remember the media coming down on us... 

The FA coming up with that bullshit report and using that as justification to ban Suarez

I remember the enjoyment the media took in putting the boot into our club but whenever we tried to defend ourselves by bringing nuance to the situation they'd say why don't we move on but whenever Suarez was mentioned whether he scored a goal or was perceived to have dived the mention of his ban was not far off...

Ofcourse when Lionheart John Terry was actually caught on camera abusing Anton Ferdinand they bent over backwards to defend him, and they would attack him but they would always defend him... 

Him getting banned 4 games and Suarez 8 and the media letting that slide is why I take great pleasure in the English team losing... 

Anyway fuck that match at OT the only way that match could have gone worth is if Evra actually scored...

... Thanks for the memories Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bad day all around really as United won as well. Nine wins from ten for the Goblin now, but one man isn’t impressed as Paul Ince says “I could have done what Solskjaer has done”. Yeah, course you could. Fucking hell.

Solskjaer might’t be the greatest tactical manager in the world and what he’s done there might just be as straightforward as simply playing the best players in their best positions and allowing them to express themselves, but you know what Solskjaer is not doing? He’s not stood on the touchline with a little notepad, writing the word “SHOOT!” on it.

So pipe down, guv’nor.

I'm not sure that Solskjaer is that much better Dave...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic