You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread

Bjornebye

Yeah the first two where excellent but by the time 20 or so picks are off the board by my 3rd pick you are starting to get thin in areas. Immobile was the best striker left imo at the time. His goal tally over the past three years is nearly 30 a year. But the quick run on fullbacks fucked me and forced 3 at the back. As did just missing Insigne to play wide left in a 4-3-3 I wanted. 

To be honest, think prime Real Madrid/AC Milan/Arsenal Champions League quarter final bicycle kick-scoring Adebayor was levels above Immobile - and he went near the end of the game. Adebayor was a mega handful for a few years there before his head totally went. Midfield & CB was the key to this one -- there were some good forwards left right to the very end (Alcacer has set goals-to-appearance records in the Bundesliga after a few seasons with decent app.s for Barca .. and he was availabe until the last)

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

But surprised Stig didn't take Emilio Izaguirre as his LB

He was on the lost, so was Paul Elliot. 

I think with drafts it doesn't matter where you are in order, it evens itself out. I just happen to always be after the cunt with my next pick. 

Some leftovers I had

Keepers

Isaksson

Kepa

Enke

Almunia

Right backs

Aurier

Evanilson

Oleguer

Left backs

Unsworth