Quantcast
Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread - Page 20 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread

If you look at Transfer market they class anything pre 88/89 and youth football

Im with Rapey on this

Screenshot_20190220-202618.jpg

4 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I'm not assuming it, I get where you're coming from, but the basic criterion is that he has to have to made his debut from 85 onwards. You may well be right that he did, but in the absence of any definitive info saying when he debuted, how could he possibly be eligible? That lack of definitive info would have to make him ineligible, not eligible, surely?

I’ll throw that back at you and say with no information to say he made his debut before 1985 I don’t see how he is ineligible. I don’t agree the B team count as a professional team anyway, but even if they did the only argument to say he played for their B team earlier than 1985 is the above bit on Wiki saying he was with that team from 1984-88. It doesn’t even state where they got that information or mention it in his biography. He would have only been about 16 at the time and was a youth player until at least 1985. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ll throw that back at you and say with no information to say he made his debut before 1985 I don’t see how he is ineligible. I don’t agree the B team count as a professional team anyway, but even if they did the only argument to say he played for their B team earlier than 1985 is the above bit on Wiki saying he was with that team from 1984-88. It doesn’t even state where they got that information or mention it in his biography. He would have only been about 16 at the time and was a youth player until at least 1985. 

Well all I can say is I disagree... Without any definitive information, a player shouldn't count IMO. The burden of proof should be on the person picking the player to provide that definitive proof. 

I’ll swap him for Asier Illarramendi but there’s no way debuts for reserve teams should count. Stig is stitching me up because he’s jealous of my good looks and ready wit.

A debut made in the Segunda Division has to count. It would be a farce otherwise. It's a proper league. It's not like it's Garforth Town or whatever the fuck they were called. 

Just now, DimReaper said:

A debut made in the Segunda Division has to count. It would be a farce otherwise. It's a proper league. It's not like it's Garforth Town or whatever the fuck they were called. 

Lets not start that one up again 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Lets not start that one up again 

Anyone who lived through it is still living with the after-effects to this day. I know it's traumatic for us all but sometimes you have to face trauma full on.

5 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Anyone who lived through it is still living with the after-effects to this day. I know it's traumatic for us all but sometimes you have to face trauma full on.

It was an 'epic battle' to say the least 

Oh shit. Transfermarkt and his own website stated he made his debut in 1987?

F1AC5C15-FF8A-4712-AC7C-7D08D01B9942.png

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Oh shit. Transfermarkt and his own website stated he made his debut in 1987?

F1AC5C15-FF8A-4712-AC7C-7D08D01B9942.png

That's his debut for the real Bilbao. He made his debut in Segunda Division for their equivalent of Barcelona B in 84 and, as per the rule above, that's his debut. 

Fuck all wrong with Socrates, the issue will always be letting Thiago get picked