Quantcast
Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread - Page 18 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Patrick Andersson. That last-second title winner after Bayern had conceded in the 90th minute, while Schalke fans had already invaded the pitch in celebration elsewhere, is probably my most memorable moment of watching the Bundesliga.

On to @Babb'sBurstNad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red House said:

Patrick Andersson. That last-second title winner after Bayern had conceded in the 90th minute, while Schalke fans had already invaded the pitch in celebration elsewhere, is probably my most memorable moment of watching the Bundesliga.

On to @Babb'sBurstNad

Bastard he was my next pick. 

 

Off the match in a bit can anyone take a pick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Red House said:

Patrick Andersson. That last-second title winner after Bayern had conceded in the 90th minute, while Schalke fans had already invaded the pitch in celebration elsewhere, is probably my most memorable moment of watching the Bundesliga.

On to @Babb'sBurstNad

Good pick. I was a bit complacent with him. Thought he’d go under the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought of him too vs. Alex. His injury record was awful though - clearly had talent as at Bayern & Barca but always sad to see careers derailed like his was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Plenty of "Thiago Alcantara" in the comms there... 

I’m in agreement that he should be allowed. My point was Kaka Izecson should be allowed under the same ruling if you wanted to be consistent. He was going to be my first pick until you told me that he was ineligible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’m in agreement that he should be allowed. My point was Kaka Izecson should be allowed under the same ruling if you wanted to be consistent. He was going to be my first pick until you told me that he was ineligible. 

Mate, no one has ever called Kaka "Kaka Izecson". What are you not understanding here? Plenty of people say Thiago Alcantara. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mate, no one has ever called Kaka "Kaka Izecson". What are you not understanding here? 

His Izecson is Thiago’s Alcantara.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite(Portuguese pronunciation: [ʁiˈkaɾdu iˈzɛksõw duˈsɐ̃tus ˈlejt͡ʃi]; born 22 April 1982), commonly known as Kaka.

 

Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento (born 11 April 1991),[1] known simply as Thiago.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite(Portuguese pronunciation: [ʁiˈkaɾdu iˈzɛksõw duˈsɐ̃tus ˈlejt͡ʃi]; born 22 April 1982), commonly known as Kaka.

 

Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento (born 11 April 1991),[1] known simply as Thiago.

 

You're just doing this on purpose now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're just doing this on purpose now. 

Of course I’m doing this on purpose. I want to be able to pick Kaka under the same ruling as you picking Thiago. Unsure why it’s so controversial.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not controversial - it's bordering on rank stupidity, so can only assume it's a wind-up. Can you cite even one audio circumstance of Kaka ever being referred to by that name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His surname starts with a vowel, even though the name he’s commonly known by starts with a consonant. I could be talking about either Thiago or Kaka there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

It's not controversial - it's bordering on rank stupidity, so can only assume it's a wind-up. Can you cite even one audio circumstance of Kaka ever being referred to by that name.

aRdja's one of the best trolls on here. You never know if he's being deliberately stupid or if he's genuinely serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known as Pelé. Hey @aRdja do you want Pele too? His name is Pele Arantes. That's what everyone used to call him. I would've tried for him, not Kaka Izecson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known as Pelé. Hey @aRdja do you want Pele too? His name is Pele Arantes. That's what everyone used to call him. I would've tried for him, not Kaka Izecson. 

Pelé debuted before 1985.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×