Quantcast
Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread - Page 17 - Draft Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Vowels Only Draft Idea - Rules and Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, Alex_K said:

you got your own back with Asprilla.. voted 6th best player in the world while at Parma I believe.. no idea why Insigne and the likes were going before him 

Asprilla was a decent player, but never world class. 

Insigne plays in a different position to Asprilla?

10 minutes ago, John102 said:

What are the rules on swapping a player out, if they havent been picked yet? Same position.

I've never known a draft where that's been allowed but I suppose you'd have to ask Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, John102 said:

What are the rules on swapping a player out, if they havent been picked yet? Same position.

We've had this before mate and it caused murder so no I'm afraid. For the record I didn't pick Leon bloody Osman ! 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

Asprilla was a decent player, but never world class. 

Insigne plays in a different position to Asprilla?

Both forwards - but Insigne was just a random example. From 3 Stacks' own team I think Asprilla probably had a career with higher peaks than Sonny Andersson did? Was just surprised it took Asprilla so long to go: part of a beastly Parma side & - at his best - was very good.

3 hours ago, DimReaper said:

You should probably have just stuck with Osman @Bjornebye

I wanted a nasty bastard up-front and they don't get much nastier than Edmundo. Would have had far more caps for Brazil if he didn't fall out with Romario. I'd rather pick Turdseye than Osman to be honest mate. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I wanted a nasty bastard up-front and they don't get much nastier than Edmundo. Would have had far more caps for Brazil if he didn't fall out with Romario. I'd rather pick Turdseye than Osman to be honest mate. 

Interesting change of heart

Osman actually wasn't a bad player at all, I don't think he'd be a ridiculously laughable pick in this draft tbh. I had him in my list "just in case". 

Trying to come up with an absolutely shite XI, so far have:

Itandje

Adu

Akinfenwah

Aquilani

Odengaard

Niclas Alexandersson

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Trying to come up with an absolutely shite XI, so far have:

Itandje

Adu

Akinfenwah

Aquilani

Odengaard

Niclas Alexandersson

Must admit I did at one point consider going full Itandje/Arphexad, Otsemobor, Ilori, Insua, Adam, Aquilani, El Zhar, Assaidi, Aspas, Ecclestone, to try and grab some pisstake votes. 

9 minutes ago, Red House said:

Must admit I did at one point consider going full Itandje/Arphexad, Otsemobor, Ilori, Insua, Adam, Aquilani, El Zhar, Assaidi, Aspas, Ecclestone, to try and grab some pisstake votes. 

Still thinking of Charles Adam, mate. Need an elite set-piece taker. 

No discipline to this draft at all with Stig running it. Potential picks thrown around everywhere. Wouldn’t get this shit under LFD.

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

No discipline to this draft at all with Stig running it. Potential picks thrown around everywhere. Wouldn’t get this shit under LFD.

Agreed. Thinking of running a draft during the next international break. Wouldn't be having these ambiguities and tolerating these time lapses between picks with me running it, I'll tell you that. 

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Indeed. Some of these aren't quite as laughable as is being suggested!