Quantcast
Bayern Munich (H) Champions League. Last 16 (19/2/19) - Page 20 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Bayern Munich (H) Champions League. Last 16 (19/2/19)

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

Hope he has the same effect on Keita, who for me was hiding again last night.

Keita was hiding? I just can't believe that. He was on the ball a fuck load, everything going him through him for large parts of the game.

Can't be too disheartened with the result. The away goals rule now plays into our hands and I think that will be what puts us through. We had a lot of good situations but he final ball was just frustrating last night. We'll take it out on the manc cunts on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Hades said:

Agree to disagree. We'd have won the game if Milner started.

Disagree completely with this. Having both Henderson and Milner starting is a no no from me and as I said in the Henderson thread,I'd start Henderson over Milner as I think he's part of a more balanced midfield. I was more disappointed with Wijnaldum than anybody in the midfield myself.

2 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

Keita was hiding? I just can't believe that. He was on the ball a fuck load, everything going him through him for large parts of the game.

His final ball was too casual every time and he’s not as eager to press as Gini or Henderson. If he can sort those two things out he’ll be grand. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

His final ball was too casual every time and he’s not as eager to press as Gini or Henderson. If he can sort those two things out he’ll be grand. 

Aye but not hiding, was he? I found that a weird comment. I think he was positionally not great. I feel like he needs a goal and some confidence. 

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

Aye but not hiding, was he? I found that a weird comment. I think he was positionally not great. I feel like he needs a goal and some confidence. 

I don’t think he was hiding, no. He played OK. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t think he was hiding, no. He played OK. 

I think a midfield with Fabinho, Keita, and Gini looks good. Milner and Henderson for certain types of games. I’d like Rabiot. 

it's taking a bit of time and Klopp's influence on working with his rawness, but I think Keita is coming out of his shell. beating a man at close quarters, which I reckon is the hardest skill of all, is what he is there for to open things up in these tight games. it's invaluable that a side has good dribbler like him. his final decision making and cutting out gambling with possession in vital areas of the pitch will hopefully improve, but it's encouraging he's doing his thing against a top quality side like Bayern. 

some players just take a bit longer to adjust than others sometimes. I recall that Coman getting a bit of clog when he first went to the Bundesliga, but at 22 he looks like he going in right way and now looks a more dangerous proposition after being there a while.