You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern Munich (H) Champions League. Last 16 (19/2/19)

Bjornebye

57 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I think you can excuse that as he is working his way back.

My big worry it Roberson he has not been himself the last few games (albeit by his high standards) but he is so important for us 

Robertson plays too much. We need an alternative moving forward that can reliably fill in and give him a break once in a while. 

• Upvote 1

All in all I thought we played pretty well against a top team who had clearly come to try and stifle us. We weren’t quite at our best in the final third but I think it’s a sign of how far we have come that Bayern Munich are coming to us in an attempt to stay in the game. Hopefully we can go ivee there in the second leg and do the business. Nothing that I seen tonight tells me that we can’t 

Weird game, Bayern looked like a side with a lot of nous and know how compared to PSG, City and Roma. I thought we were great for the 2nd half of the first half and ran out of steam midway through 2nd half. Henderson, Fabinho and Keita were all very good. Mane was tireless and constantly trying to make things happen, unfortunately for both him and the rest of the team the final ball wasn't good enough. Not a terrible result and I still fancy us to go through but as many people have alluded to it underlines just how far we've come that teams like City and Bayern adapt their style when playing against us. Now bring on the fucking Manc cunts.

4 hours ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Weird game, Bayern looked like a side with a lot of nous and know how compared to PSG, City and Roma. I thought we were great for the 2nd half of the first half and ran out of steam midway through 2nd half. Henderson, Fabinho and Keita were all very good. Mane was tireless and constantly trying to make things happen, unfortunately for both him and the rest of the team the final ball wasn't good enough. Not a terrible result and I still fancy us to go through but as many people have alluded to it underlines just how far we've come that teams like City and Bayern adapt their style when playing against us. Now bring on the fucking Manc cunts.

AKA the second quarter.

Jim Beglin on co-commentary was pissing me off, talking absolute bollocks all night, peddling all the bullshit the bedshitters fall for. He kept saying we all thought our makeshift centre backs would be taken to the cleaners, or about how edgy the crowd was, or how our midfield was getting bossed physically. What did he make of his beloved Chelsea laying another egg in front of their own fans on Monday night?

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Jim Beglin on co-commentary was pissing me off, talking absolute bollocks all night, peddling all the bullshit the bedshitters fall for. He kept saying we all thought our makeshift centre backs would be taken to the cleaners, or about how edgy the crowd was, or how our midfield was getting bossed physically. What did he make of his beloved Chelsea laying another egg in front of their own fans on Monday night?

We get so many games with him calling Liverpool down here. He's infuriating. 

Having had some time to reflect on it I can't understand why the consensus seems to be from the non-LFC fans that Bayern will be the happier with that result.

I'm not saying it's a disaster for them but I'd think it's pretty close to 50-50 for who goes through, and in fact if you had to pick a team with a slight advantage I'd argue it's us rather than them. With van Dijk coming back and Fabinho moving back into midfield I don't think it's likely we'll concede many. Meaning that if we can score, we're likely to go through (not certain, but likely).

Obviously playing away will be an advantage for them but I'd argue it's just about cancelled out by the fact that we kept a clean sheet and we still have big Virgil to return. If anyone has an advantage it's Liverpool IMO.

• Upvote 1