You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham 1 Liverpool (Feb 4 2019)

tlw content

19 hours ago, tlw content said:

, and the crowd are probably going to be a fucking bag of nerves if we’re not two goals up in the first ten minutes.

Great report. You do have a way of putting my thoughts and feelings into words.

I do think you’re wrong about one thing  though. Don’t think the crowd will be overly nervous on Saturday, the crowd will be angry. Or at least be angry if we don’t see aggression and fight within the first ten minutes.

Kloppo often encourages the crowd’s support. To hell with that. Now it’s time for the fuckers out here to earn their living and for us to tell’em!

Great report; mirrors my perspective exactly.

We've been talking in the car for weeks about the dangerous game we play with free kicks and working out how to beat it. Full marks to Pellegrini and his coaching team; I'm surprised it has taken this long for someone to come up with something.

Im on the nervous side of the fan divide but have recognised that and force myself to sing at games (well, away games anyway) to do my bit. We cannot allow our nervousness to be transmitted to the players who must be feeling exactly as we do.

I don't know how these things are organised but I would like to "Greet the Bus" on satdee to show our support. Confirm we are with them 100%.

Assuming, of course, our knobheads can resist bricking the opposition.

Make it so.

• dave u unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've given up on them. We've gotten away with murder since the start of the season and I believe we are lucky to be where we are.

Ultimately I think we'll fall short for a number of reasons - squad depth, injuries, transfer dealings (Clyne?) and Klopp's team selections and subs. Honestly not being doom and gloom, but it has been fun while it lasted. Realistically we don't look like we have the tools to get over the line.

Yeah, pretty much agree with this, I’m not overly optimistic at the best of times but I reckon I’m a a glass quarter full , our only chance is City’s and Spurs fixture congestion, we could possible sneak it if the circumstances come together but it’s a long shot, they are both better sides than us imo so wouldn’t be amazed to se us finish 3rd . One thing I am certain of unfortunately is the Utd will smash us, fucking dreading that game more than losing the title itself, the thought of that smug fucking munchkin spiking our wheels is honestly more than I could bare.

Dave just on Allison on the goal, my dad is the only other person I’ve heard say he should have done better and just stood there like a twat.

I’d like to think that Klopp has spent this week showing them tapes of some of our performances last season when we were going 4-3-3. And particularly to Keita and/or Shaq to drum into them what’s required of the furthest forward midfielder in that set up. 

Get back to the Blitzkrieg, as Dave alluded to. Fuck it, all or nothing. We need goals and lots of them.  

Having Trent back should help. 

• Upvote 2

Great report, I think we do just want it too badly for it to be enjoyable. If we win this one I'm sure I can enjoy seasons like this again for pretty much the rest of my life. Until we get that monkey off our back though this is how it will be. 

I think you're being kind to Bobby dropping him the same amount as Mo from last year. At least Mo is still top scorer in the league so must be doing something right although I agree he hasn't been the same. Bobby, with the exception of a few games (Arsenal the obvious one), has been terrible. This was beyond bad. What bothered me most wasn't that he was playing shit which is forgivable but that he kept nonchalantly trying flicks and backheels when simpler balls were on. That I can't forgive because it just wasn't needed, it was like he was playing an exhibition match. I know he's been moved deeper which has hampered him but we need him to step it up.         

49 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Remember the leak showing what Firmino’s wages were last season? His goal bonus increased massively the more he scored. I wonder if that aspect of his contract was changed when he signed the new one. 

Can’t believe Micky Edwards forgot to keep the pass completion bonus clause in.

Couldn't disagree with a single word of the match report.

In many ways, the Bournemouth match on Saturday is our most important of the season. We need a convincing win to help us build a bit of momentum again. They have their two best players (Brooks and Wilson) out injured, all the signs are there for a home win. So Solanke will probably net the winner.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Remember the leak showing what Firmino’s wages were last season? His goal bonus increased massively the more he scored. I wonder if that aspect of his contract was changed when he signed the new one. 

I know for awhile this season Mane was focused on his new contract.

50 minutes ago, bigal said:

As usual spot on. Not only do we need to get down the side but to put some pace on the ball with the cross instead of soft floaters which the keeper or big defenders thrive on.

It would also help if we didn’t keep hitting first defender with corners! Amount of times teams have counterattacked us in last few years from our own corners is......probably a lot!!!

4 hours ago, Nolongerathletic said:

It would also help if we didn’t keep hitting first defender with corners! Amount of times teams have counterattacked us in last few years from our own corners is......probably a lot!!!

One of my regular complaints for years mate, amazing how this happens again and again. Stick it in the middle with pace, surely not too much to ask professional players at the top of the game

3 hours ago, bigal said:

One of my regular complaints for years mate, amazing how this happens again and again. Stick it in the middle with pace, surely not too much to ask professional players at the top of the game

This.

We’ve got big lads like Virg, Lovren and Matip in the box but never get the ball anywhere near their expansive and hammer like foreheads 

The less said about Keita the better. The only thing he seems to do well is take the ball effortless past a couple of players in midfield, but there’s little point to that when he either runs into a third and loses it, or passes it to nobody. The fact he was probably our second best attacking player on the night tells you all you need to know about how bad the rest of them were.

Enjoyed the report Dave but your criticism of Naby Keita is unfair.

Naby was invisible in the first half but impressive throughout the second. I only counted two misplaced passes by Keita during the second period in which he was the most dominant midfielder on the pitch.

In the season to date Naby has attempted too many difficult forward passes that have been easily intercepted. In the second half if a through ball wasn’t realistic he played it square, moved an opponent out of position, accepted a return ball and then passed it up the pitch.

He played really well during this period of the match and was the most encouraging aspect of a disappointing performance.

When Ginni returns, playing Naby in the center alongside Fabhino should make our midfield more productive.

It’s not all doom and gloom, just a bit straw-clutchingly desperate at the mo.

• Upvote 2

I think midfield is where campaigns are won and lost. You can snatch goals with good attackers or keep people out with good defenders, but controlling games comes from the middle.

Our team is still very unbalanced. We've got a world class attack and a top class defence and goalie, but the midfield is mediocre.

City are the polar opposite. They've got a mediocre back line and are pretty dependent on Aguero, class that he is, but they've probably got the best midfield players in the world. 

When we played them it was our worst players against their best, and it showed. 

What this team could achieve with a Gerrard and an Alonso in there.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm shitting myself about the United game but haven't we been waiting for a team to come at us like complete fucking dickheads like they do. The quality of their forward players bullies lesser teams but their back line is shite, spurs steam rolled them they just had one of those days.

We'll deffo fuck that game up. Nailed on.